Echo Lake, CO camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo Lake, CO camping?

Hey everyone! First time poster here, and had a question about planning my first camping trip.

My boyfriend and I (we live in Dallas, TX) are wanting to plan a camping trip in Colorado- I have camped a handful of times, but have never actually planned the trip and my boyfriend has never camped before. I was looking at booking a reservation for 2 days at Echo Lake, CO during the first week of September. Here is the link to the site: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/ec...O&parkId=70033

I was wondering what y'alls thoughts where? My plan is to stay in CO for 4 days, 2 days will be spent camping and 2 days will be spent at a hotel in Denver. I'd like to spend one day hiking and the other day river rafting, and the other days just exploring Denver as my boyfriend has never been to CO before. What do you guys think?

Is the first week of September a good time to go? Is this a good campsite?

Sorry for the questions, but both my boyfriend and I are not expert campers and I really didn't know how to even begin planning this trip and would love some insight/advice! Thank you in advance!

Re: Echo Lake, CO camping?

Echo Lake is nice, but the campground is not near the lake.

If you are looking for good rafting and camping I would go to Buena Vista / Salida area. ChalkCreek Campground is nice, Tell them you want to be down in the bottom section by the creek. You have a ton of great hikes just a few miles away (Mt Princeton area, etc). The Arkansas is by far the best rafting in Colorado and those guide companies are all based within a few miles of you there.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
    X