Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Oven Breakfast Recipes

Hello!
    I have been camping for most of my life, but I have recently started getting into dutch oven cooking while we are camping. This weekend we are camping with the in-laws and I volunteered to cook breakfast. What are some of your favorite dutch oven breakfast recipes?

Re: Dutch Oven Breakfast Recipes

Check out this website. It has a lot of great Dutch Oven recipes. The Mountain Man breakfast is a very popular. Someone always makes this.

http://camp-cook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247

Comment

Hi clint and welcome to the forum.

Still haven't cooked with an actual DO but have had fun with CI skillets (6" and 12") and breakfast. I've found that making an indirect fire source on a grill or fire pit does wonders as does lugging the skillet cover which holds heat better than foil especially if you want to put charcoal on the top. Should you forget to bring the skillet top (hehehe), a triple to quadruple folded layer of foil works pretty well but still will remind ya to double check your camping inventory next trip. I mostly cook in this manner to get rid of leftovers but did do a meal this past trip that involved an actual recipe. Will pass it on to you in a little bit since work calls are distracting me from the truly important aspects of life:D.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Thanks! Those sound great!

Comment

I have managed to get quite a few good recipes that I have developed on my own. Mine and my kids favorite tends to be more of a casserole. I tend to take some hashbrowns, eggs, and sausage (turkey sausage) is the best. Just have to combine all of the ingredients at once and then you can let them cook for a while. Something I have found as helpful is to brown the sausage before combining it. That way you can easily get the sausage ready to be in the casserole all at once.

Comment

This is one of our favorites. It's amazing!
            Attached Files

Comment

I tried this recipe on our last trip, and it was a HUGE hit with everyone:
              http://whatscookingamerica.net/Infor...s-Biscuits.htm

I used sausage in ours and just cut it in bite sized pieces and browned that in the DO before adding the eggs. I also pre-cracked the eggs into a mason jar at home and popped the jar in the cooler so it was just shake and pour when it was time to cook. I was very skeptical about baking the biscuits on the top of the DO, but I must say they came out incredible! Served them with strawberry preserves... yummo! Needless to say, everyone's plates were just about licked clean and there were no leftovers!
              Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Working...
              X