New to forum and tent camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum and tent camping

Need some help. My wife is requiring a toilet to use while camping. Can you please advise on a good inexpensive set up? I was thinking a seat, bucket, cat litter and a shower curtain set up.
    thankd

Re: New to forum and tent camping

Welcome to the forum. Remote camping or campsite camping?
    Moss Big Dipper
    Alaskan Guide 8
    Alaskan Guide 6
    NorthFace Tadpole 23
    ALPS Exteme 3
    Six Moon Designs Lunar Two

Comment

Not sure what "inexpensive" is to you, but I just googled "privacy toilet privacy tent" and got a good selection. My grandson has spina bifida and requires prolonged toilet visits once each day, so his mother got one of the privacy tents and a portable toilet for him. I think it cost her about $100 total. I haven't seen it yet, but they're joining us two weeks from today for a camping trip.

Comment

I am new to camping as well but I did the same setup you mentioned above. The seat I have is the luggable loo. Do yourself a favor and get a 7 gallon bucket. The extra height really helps. Also go with the double lined bag. Place heavy outer bag in bucket then place seat. Next place smaller bag over seat and put some litter in there. After use tie it up and put new bag over seat. It has worked great thus far.

Comment

remove noodle for snapping on the lid...buy a lid for your bucket.

JohnJohn
          ---------
          Forum Admin

Comment

We are staying at camp sites, but we are not crazy about using the bathroom there.

I see a lot of people using cat litter. Can we toss in the garbage or dispose of in septic?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
              remove noodle for snapping on the lid...buy a lid for your bucket.

Now that is a hellu good and creative idea!

Comment

Thank you all. Can anyone tell me if I use cat litter I can just toss in the dumpster?

Comment

I use a lug a loo and a instant shelter from Cabela's. The bag for the lug a loo are kind of expensive, but I Have heard of people using reg bags and cat litter.

You can buy just the lid, and get a bucket, but either way, your in about $20.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Produ.../dp/B000FIAPXO

Cabela's shelter
                  http://www.cabelas.com/product/Campi...%3FN%3D1114557

Yes, because I had my young daughter camping with me and it is hard for a guy to teach a little girl how to pee in the woods.
                  Nights camped in 2019: 24
                  Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I got the lug a loo setup and we will try the premade bags and our bags. We bought a REI kingdom 4 tent with the garage. Putting the pot in the garage with the flaps down. We are hoping that will be sufficient.

Comment

It is difficult to set up .How long have you plan to stay ?
                      Take a walk with mother nature, you will be fine then. :go:

Comment

We finally set up the tent and garage and it is a lot larger than we thought. There is only three of us, two adults and a 5 year old. We plan on using cots and all three fit in fine. The garage gives you some extra room for storage. We are very happy with the tent, now if we could just get some cooler weather to actually go camping.

Comment

Originally posted by remist17 View Post
                          Thank you all. Can anyone tell me if I use cat litter I can just toss in the dumpster?
                          No man, just drag it over to a neighboring campsite for them to use! Recycling ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            No man, just drag it over to a neighboring campsite for them to use! Recycling ROCKS!
                            Sounds like something I would do :-)
                            2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                            X