Easy Make Dessert Topping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Make Dessert Topping

Going to forgo the can of whipped cream from the refrigerated aisle this year and give this a try:

http://www.foodandwine.com/video/how...pped-cream-jar

You can put more or less sugar in depending on what kind of whipped cream you want. I'm thinking I'll do a special breakfast one weekend with no sugar in the cream since the gingerbread scones and fruit compote will have enough.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: Easy Make Dessert Topping

That's a neat idea. I bought one of these for the RV: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

I haven't used it to make whipped cream, but I've mixed up eggs in it.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
      That's a neat idea. I bought one of these for the RV: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

I haven't used it to make whipped cream, but I've mixed up eggs in it.
      Great reviews on the Tovolo! Bookmarked for the RV:glasses:
      2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Back when we had a milk cow we used to do this. We also would make butter by shaking a jar.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Great reviews on the Tovolo! Bookmarked for the RV:glasses:
          The best news is that it is EXTREMELY lightweight.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Thanks for the post. Definitely going to try this out.

Comment

Thanks for sharing !

Comment

UPDATE:

I brought an empty 8 oz. formerly held olives jar with me and buried it in the ice overnight. Poured in about a 1/4 portion of 10x/confectioner's sugar followed by half a pint of heavy cream and a lil orange extract. Too much sugar used so it was really stiff. Didn't stop kiddos from eating it but the next time I used the same jar, same amt of cream and extract but only a heaping teaspoon of sugar. Perfect!
                2017:

Comment

Working...
                X