modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

I have never used any exterior transparent stain! read a lot of reviews and all the brands I looked at had similar reviews so I bought what the paint store recommended. the Florida sun will definitely put it to the test.

Comment

Would definitely go oil based over water based. Drying time is a lot longer but the durability factor makes it worth it. I learned that from redoing my deck.

Comment

didn't know thompsons was water based until everything was stained, if it doesn't hold up I will strip it and restain it. I hope the thompsons holds up.

Comment

According to the commercial, they use Thompsons on the decks at Cave of the Winds in Niagara Falls. If it can withstand that, I think it will hold up fine.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
            I just added a new Forum for this...so gonna move ya over here: http://www.campingforums.com/forum/f...emade-Trailers

Cool!

Thanks!

Comment

I built the frame for the roof today, if its nice outside tomorrow ill try to skin the roof. my plans are to use 1/4'' plywood, glue canvas to the plywood with titebond II then paint. I am building this as a cap that will sit on top of the walls and extend down the outside walls 1''
              Attached Files

Comment

I done some more bracing and installed the plywood. next I will glue down the canvas and paint.
                Attached Files

Comment

At the rate you are going I think you will finish this weekend! Great progress.

Comment

it would be nice to finish the roof this weekend but I cant work on it until next week, I have to do some of the things that I should be doing while im working on the camper.

Comment

Thanks for the updates, Snapper. It will be worth the wait - nothing good is hurried, and nothing deserved is rushed. Happy Landings, and here's to Next Year's 4th in your DIY Paradise!
                      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

glued down the canvas this morning, after the glue dries i'll give it a couple coats of paint and install it to the trailer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I applied two coats of paint yesterday and two more today. I will give it one more coat tomorrow and install the roof. then I can seal the outside corners and install the trim. then I can do a little work on the inside. if the picture looks the same its because the paint is the same color as the canvas.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I applied the last coat of paint, installed the power inlet and breaker panel, after the paint dries i'll get the roof installed, make and install the exterior trim. then I will either install the a/c or build and install the door.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good work, you keep on chugging......that will get er done.

Comment

I placed the roof on top of the camper today, tomorrow I will try to add some braces and secure the roof. then I can seal the corners and take some pics of the outside. i'm having to keep it covered because of the rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X