modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

today I installed the back window and started on the wheel wells, next i'll try to finish the wheel wells and wiring.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool beans, Snapper...Are you considering a 2nd career in Mfg of ultralights?
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

if I were a few years younger and had a shop to work in I would enjoy building a couple more. but i'm hoping my next career is enjoying the one im building.

Comment

Wow that is a big product. I hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

Comment

So where are you thinking of putting another window? And just for curiosity's sake what kind of a/c did you install- BTUs and manufacturer?
            This has been such a loving process to watch! I can't wait until you start putting up the interior pics.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I installed a window in the back directly across from the one in the front. I would like to install a third window but where to install it depends on how the interior works out. the a/c is a Domestic dou therm 13,500 btu air/1500 watts heat. I'm hoping to start on the inside within the next couple of weeks.
              Last edited by snapper388; 09-04-2015, 05:32 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

this morning resealed all the exterior trim, ran and connected all the wires for the tail, turn and marker lights. next I will try to finish the wheel wells and connect the battery wires.

Comment

You are in the home stretch now. You can be camping in a few weeks! Great Job!

Comment

I connected all the 12 volt wiring except the light switches and installed a power converter. next I will try to finish the wheel wells and install the insulation.

Comment

I found some more of what I call roadside treasure now I should have enough lumber to finish the inside. the 2x4 frames are for protecting siding during shipment I cut them into 1x2s and 5/8 x 3 1/4 s4s boards, the 1x2s are for the wheel wells (boxes) and the s4s boards are for the counter in the front of the camper the wheel wells will also hold up one side of the bed. I started on one of the boxes and will try to finish it and build the other box later this week. I also purchased the 1/8 plywood for the interior walls.
                      Attached Files

Comment

What was your starting budget, and how is your build holding up to it?
                        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I original plan was to spend $2000. or less on the build so far I am under budget. I already had the trailer, a/c, lights, and a lot of extra parts that saved a lot of $$$ .

Comment

Just wondering, will it be street legal? Will it have to pass some kind of inspection? By the way
                            Last edited by CARiD; 09-28-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I changed my mind about using boxes for wheel wells and decided to do things different.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar99 View Post
                                I have never used the Thompsons finish. I will be interested in your opinion of it.
                                it's been less than a month since I applied a second coat of stain and during a hard rain I could see some wet spots in the wood now I have to figure out what I have to do to be able to recoat with a better stain. my opinion of thompsons is very low.

Comment

Working...
                                X