• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Looks like you are well on schedule to take it out this year
    WoooooHooo!:cool:
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

today I started on the murphy bed! I built the frame, installed 1/2'' plywood for the platform, and installed the hinges. next I will install 1/8'' plywood to the bottom and trim the walls so it will look like part of the wall when it's up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Amazing use of space but I wonder if 1/8" plywood is strong enough for the bed? Somehow in my mind's eye 1/4- 1/2" is less flexible and much stronger.

ETA: Just re read your post and noted you used the 1/8" for the bottom. Duhhhh and thank UUUUUU :D.
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 02-25-2016, 06:45 PM.
        2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

The seats in my old 14ft TT were basically lauan and furring strips, so this looks great.
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I framed the wall around the bed and installed lauan on the wall and bottom of the bed, installed trim and installed latches. im using barrel bolt latches to hold the bed in the up position and when down it sits on the wheel wells. tomorrow I will try to varnish the bed and wall.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. I enjoy watching youtube videos of camper builds and trailer conversions. Cool stuff. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Looks real nice. How much is left to complete? You seem to be almost done. The satisfaction of building your own trailer is big. Getting out and using it, and seeing all the interest it brings from other campers is huge. So many people believe they could never complete such a big project. You did well!

Comment

all I have left are small things! carpet a few pieces of trim and the back bumper. im hoping to use it the first week in april.

Comment

today I made a handle for the murphy bed, varnished the bottom of bed, wall and wheel wells, finished installing the lights, and installed breaker box cover next I will install the carpet, finish the trim and build the back bumper.
                    Attached Files

Comment

today I installed the carpet, finished the inside trim and carpeted the bed platform. tomorrow I will try to make and install the outside trim and build the bumper.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

Well done snapper. Enjoy the first outing. My guess is you will give lots of tours of the new trailer!

Comment

today I installed, stained and varnished the bumper. next I will try to finish the trim on the outside and install the awning rail.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! Can't wait to hear of your shakedown trip:cool:.
                              2017:

Comment

today I made the curtain rods and brackets, installed the curtains made the outside moulding and painted the awning rail. tomorrow I will try to install the moulding and awning rail.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X