modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

I secured the roof to the walls this morning, I planned on cutting the trim and seal the corners but I got too hot and had to stop. 95 degrees inside the camper at 9:30 am

Comment

I'm impressed with your pace. You are going to have a fine trailer when you finish.

Comment

I made all the trim for the outside and sanded most of it then had to stop because of the weather. as soon as the rain stops I will stain and install it. I also ordered an a/c mounting gasket, as soon as it comes in I will install the a/c and will be able to work inside the camper.

Comment

I installed the trim on the trailer today, next I will trim the bottom edge of the roof, build the door and start on the inside. I will also be installing some windows in a couple of weeks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done! That looks great, I like the profile. I'm leaving today for a long road trip. When I get back I bet you have your trailer finished.

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
              According to the commercial, they use Thompsons on the decks at Cave of the Winds in Niagara Falls. If it can withstand that, I think it will hold up fine.
              Good to hear that water based stain has progressed so much in durability! Spent parts of decades breathing the fumes of oil and happy to increase the knowledge base.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

What kind of windows and placement are you going for, snapper?
                2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I'm using a 14''x21'' mobile home window in the front between the door and rear of the camper, and a window in the back directly across from the door, still undecided on size of back window. I am also considering putting one in the door. I am also undecided about one or two windows in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper388 View Post
                    I'm using a 14''x21'' mobile home window in the front between the door and rear of the camper, and a window in the back directly across from the door, still undecided on size of back window. I am also considering putting one in the door. I am also undecided about one or two windows in the back.
                    Have you considered putting one in the roof ? Could give more light to the long walls.
                    2017:

Comment

I'm using a roof mount a/c so I don't have room for a skylight! I am also installing three lights with two led bulbs each, I"m using led bulbs for less drain on the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper388 View Post
                        I'm using a roof mount a/c so I don't have room for a skylight! I am also installing three lights with two led bulbs each, I"m using led bulbs for less drain on the battery.
                        Nothing wrong with putting all your priorities in order.
                        I'd "keel" for a roof rack!
                        2017:

Comment

I built and installed the door today, I will make and install the trim the first of next week.

Comment

I started back on the wanderer this morning, I built a handle to mount next to the door and started on the trim around the door. while cutting the trim my jig saw decided to brake. I guess i'll start back on the electrical until I get a new saw
                            Attached Files

Comment

Darn on the tool break yet you're coming along fine as far as the workmanship goes.
                              Did you shape the handle yourself or is that a dowel?
                              2017:

Comment

the handle is a dowel. the ends are a cut from a 2x6.

Comment

Working...
                                X