modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

I started this build about 9 months ago and had to stop because of health problems. I have recently started working on it again, so far I have painted the bottom of the floor and frame, replaced the wheel bearings, framed the walls and primed the top of the floor. been waiting on the rain and I hope to work on it some more next week.
    Attached Files

Re: modified wanderer.. tiny camper build

I love this kind of thing. Keep us posted!
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Looks like you have a good start. I find the building process a big part of the fun. Hope you are able to get it done for this season!

Comment

What material did you use for the bottom....metal or wood?........it's prolly the paint(great colour!) that's throwing me off. Oh and will that be the finished side of the floor?
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Love the zip ties. Should probably add them to my signature here.

Comment

the bottom is marine plywood, the paint on the floor is left over from my boat, it turns darker and less glossy after it dries for a few weeks.

Comment

the zip ties are holding the braces strait until the glue dries. after getting in a bind without glue clamps I went and bought some. but I still keep a couple bags of zip ties just in case I need them. they're almost as handy as bailing wire

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                What material did you use for the bottom....metal or wood?........it's prolly the paint(great colour!) that's throwing me off. Oh and will that be the finished side of the floor?
                the bottom is marine plywood, the paint on the floor is left over from my boat and it will be covered, the sides will be stained and sealed plywood.

Comment

I skinned and installed the side walls, started framing the end walls. next I will cut and stain the end panels and install vertical braces while waiting on panels to dry.

Comment

the bottom is marine plywood, the paint what I had left from a boat repair and the blue will be covered with carpet

Comment

finished bracing the ends and installed the end panels, as soon as the rain stops I will start on the roof.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just added a new Forum for this...so gonna move ya over here: http://www.campingforums.com/forum/f...emade-Trailers
                        JohnJohn
                        ---------
                        Forum Admin

Comment

You are moving along good. How are you finishing the outside?

Comment

I am using thompsons waterproof stain, all seams will trimmed with an adhesive sealer under the trim.

Comment

I have never used the Thompsons finish. I will be interested in your opinion of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X