Mail came! (Tent and cots--pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail came! (Tent and cots--pics!)

I have numerous pics so this will take 3 posts...

We gave the UPS man a run for his money the other day. One tent and two out of three cots came (the other should be here today).

The tent was super easy to set up (compared to our Kingdom 6 with garage). It's 8 ft by 8 ft but I think they're being a bit generous with the measuring because the cots aren't 8ft long but they touch the sides of the tent just a little. it was very windy when we did setup, but once we staked out everything it seemed pretty sturdy.

Everyone I spoke to said the cots were "worth every penny", so I bit the bullet and got them. Took minutes to assemble and LOVE them. Even my 3yo can easily climb on top and back down by herself (although she is getting her own, this is for the boys). I'm shocked at how solid they are.

Anyway without further ado.

Tent:

Super tall inside

Kitty helping assemble the cots

Fully assembled
    Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
    Nights under the stars:
    2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
    2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Re: Mail came! (Tent and cots--pics!)

Post 2

In the tent

Kitty guarding the fort
    Nights under the stars:

Comment

Post 3

Chuck testing out the weight limit. K and I did get under him and poke him in the back

This is how they'll actually be in the tent when we go. It fits better this way by a few inches and leaves room for another guest on the opposite side.

This is how much it touches with the wind blowing on it.

Shopping links
      Cots:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BGU...=AC_SY200_QL40
      Tent:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006MQ...vVL&ref=plSrch
      Nights under the stars:

Comment

Isn't it fun when the UPS guy brings camping goodies? Nice that you live where you could set them up outside and check 'em out. Re: the 8ft x 8ft tent diameter....yea, that is measured at the floor. You'll lose some diameter as the sides slope in to the top. The tent and bunk cots look great and they definitely appear to be a hit with the kiddos. You'll have to update us after your first trip and let us know how 2 tents worked out for your family.
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

couldnt get past the shorts, tshirts, bare feet, and sunshine!!

Comment

Oh, that is some sweeeeet new equipment you have there. You have good reason to be excited about it. You have the tent, you have the cots, you have the kids, you have the dog. Man, all you need is sleeping bags and marshmallows and you are all set for camping!

Comment

Really nice! Great seeing the excitement on the kids faces. Looks like a wonderful setup.
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Princess's cot came today too.

It was 74-76 degrees yesterday morning when we assembled. Gorgeous out! It'll probably be back down to the 20s within a week or two. :p

The boys used to sleep in a Eureka 2-man tent. Tiny little thing, on yoga mats and sleeping bags.

Down here by the time we go camping, the LOWS will be in the high 70s. So light sheets and a pillow should cover it

I'm wondering whether we should take Kitty to the Okefenokee or not.....
                Nights under the stars:

Comment

She looks like a happy girl.

Comment

Looks like some neat gear, but you may want to go over the proper way to lay in a cot with the boy with no shoes on. He may wake up with a sore neck!
                    Nights camped in 2019: 24
                    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                      Looks like some neat gear, but you may want to go over the proper way to lay in a cot with the boy with no shoes on. He may wake up with a sore neck!
                      Ha ha ha. I didn't notice that pic until you pointed it out. Kids are so funny. It reminds me of my siblings. We would sleep all over the place like worms wiggling out of a can just like the photo. The warmer the weather, the more contorted the sleeping positions.

As an aside, look at those bunk bed cots! They look really sturdy and comfortable. Oh, Dad, your family will long remember the great adventures you will provide them with from those camping trips.

Comment

I have the same cots; they are great. They are heavy but well worth it. I love the fact that the top bunk rolls down to make a couch too.

Comment

Wow, a Kiddie Kondo! It's hard to beat a cot for comfort, if you have the space to pack one.
                          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                          X