Organization: A key for Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Organization: A key for Camping

Thanks GH:D for your vote! Camping is to be Enjoyed not struggled through or endured!:cool:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Here is an idea I am trying. I ordered this hanging travel organizer. I intend to hang it inside the tent so I have access to bug spray, etc, and don't have to dig.
      Attached Files

Comment

Because we have 14 bags/compartments/saddle bags/tank bags (Spirit only has 1...) I have a "map" for each bag since my memory after reaching 104 started failing.
        Example" R ft Yellow, xxxx and on and on
        I have a pretty good idea sometimes where something is, but I like to refer to the map.
        I am thinking this winter, having down time for sure, to "cross-reference" by items!!!
        All is in my little leather bound black book which hangs on me 24/7 (except for showers!) which also contains all my passwords and some ready available fortune in Cash... :D right!
        Even with a Smart Phone a NetBook and a Laptop, I had the bad experience one time to loose all my passwords. I like to rely on the old "black book" method. Actually, thinking about it, maybe Spirit is the one that should carry it...
        Anyhow, I think the mapping idea also works for cars/trucks and whatever... down to batteries, razor, everything!!!
        Be well.... Ara and Spirit

This is Spirit... I have never removed the key or GPS or Spot off the bike... You understand why!!!

Comment

As most of the camping I do is in High Sierra with bear boxes. I have a set of plastic bins with everything I need that fit well into a bear box. I am trying to make a shelving system out of pipes to make it easier to take each bin in and out. It is so much nicer this way as I do not have to run around the night before trying to stock up and pack. Everything is ready to go. I have to get them out of the closet for my trip in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. I know summer is here after my first trip.

Comment

Nice rig, beemerchef! Is that an Ural?

Comment

Proper knowledge of the campground is very important.
              RV Park Reviews

Comment

It would be foolish to believe that the amount of preparation and organization involved in a camping trip is directly related to the amount of time you will be spending on said camping trip. plan ahead and go beyond that

Comment

I use a rubber maid bin and my Charles Chips can for all my kitchen stuff. I pack clothesline, fuel for the campstove, and odds and end stuff in the cooler. (I head to the nearest town to shop and get ice after I set up camp) Tent and bed are in their own bags. Towels and bedding go in duffle bags. Then, I confess, I do use suitcases for clothes ~ but I pack for a straight 7 week camping trip each summer!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	69677

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                    btw: White Horse Lake Campground, Arizona.

Most of all, I like the bicycles in this pic. I especially like the upright bike in the back with the nice saddle. WHat an absolutely perfect camping scene - campsite on the lake. Well outfitted campers. Good weather. Oh man, who wouldn't love that. I bet it could even turn Dick Cheney's frown upside down.

Comment

Thank you Mike, your compliment is greatly appreciated!
                      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                        Or, when life gets too hectic, just give up and fill up that brand new cooler of yours and head outdoors.
                        Hehehehehe. Apparently you know a somebody I camp with...3 coolers and he still feels the need to buy a styrofoam number for beer<insert head slapping emoticon>.

How did the hanging toiletry organizer work, J.Test? I tried it last year and it worked fine for the adults but ahem a lil grrlie kept leaving her's in the bathhouse. Maybe this year will be different because her fellow camping grrlie is officially a tweener complete with several tubes of fruit flavved lip gloss. Can't let the important stuff get lost yanno :rolleyes:. Let the nanosecond mood swings begin!

I like that Charles Chips container and will think on whether this will work for me, Rose. Kinda obsessed with square storage containers. Maybe not in the kitchen though.

A 7 week camping trip?! My idea of nirvana.....:cool:
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

NYCgrrl, that Charles Chips can has been camping with me since I was a little girl. It's tradition ~ I couldn't leave it behind!

Comment

Working...
                          X