It's been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while

It has been a few years since I have been on Camping Forum. I apologize for my neglect. I moved to a cabin in Island Park, Idaho about 3 years ago.
    I live a few miles west of the western boundary of Yellowstone Park
    and less than a quarter mile from the Henry's Fork of the Snake River.
    I just have to walk out the front door of the cabin to go bowhunting.
    The snow can get up above the porch in the winter.
    I heat the cabin with wood that I cut from the forest. I am on a year-round camping trip. Life is great.
    I write articles and do photography for the local paper and have been honing my outdoor skills. If you have any questions about the Yellowstone area, let me know.
    I'll try and post regularly.
    Good camping and be safe.
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeB; 02-22-2015, 12:03 AM.
    FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Re: It's been a while

WOW, you do have it made living out there. I am envious. Yellowstone is one of my favorite places. I have never been there in the winter, but someday maybe. We have a group of teardrop campers with Jeeps coming out to Wyoming this July. I know there are no 4x4 trails in Yellowstone but do you know of any in or around the Park? We are not looking for rock climbing trails, just some that take us to parts of the area we can't see from the highway.

Enjoy yourself out in paradise!

Steve

Comment

The level of my envy just reached an all time high.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Island Park has a lot of Forest Service dirt roads that can get you away from the public and you can came almost anywhere you can find a flat spot. If you want to head this way, I can hook you up with a few suggestions.
        FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Thanks Mike, once we have more firm plans I may be back. Stay warm!

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X