Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everyone hibernating?

havent been out much,
    lots of excuses, too cold, too much snow, etc...
    but trying to change that,
    kid has week off from school so am taking a few days to try to enjoy the snow with him,
    some ice fishing, maybe some skiing, a hike, sledding,
    also on my mind alot is spring time projects, working on my shelter at camp, etc..
    hope not everyone is snowed in and maybe too busy enjoying the weather to post here

Re: everyone hibernating?

Just watching the weather. I have made a list of lower elevation camp spots that I want to hit. Since the mountains probably won't be open until Memorial Day.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I'm hibernating - but not by choice. Been trying to get the gang together for a Winter trip but suddenly everyone's forgotten how Winter used to be the can't miss trip. On top of that, my truck's been in the shop more in the last month than it's been in my driveway. I think it's finally good to go so, if the idiots aren't going together, it looks like I'll be a solo idiot in the next week or two.

Comment

I told myself that I wasn't going back out until I got my truck running (I bought it as a replacement for my work truck and a better option for camping) and it hasn't happened yet.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Just booked our spring and summer trip and have some new equipment on the way

3 gator snacks--err, kids--going to the Okefenokee with us this year. I've never been, just the better half, so hopefully it goes well. It'll be a short weekend trip.

And also Ft Pickens again but this time with the kiddos, plus my mom coming from Indiana.
          Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
          Nights under the stars:
          2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
          2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Nothing right now. Been doing some wiring mods on the clipper. But have 2 trips reserved and 2 more scheduled as walk-ins through the spring. Cannot wait for the first one - I SOOOO need a vacation!
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

No hibernation here. Winter in Montana, so no camping activities until April or May. Although this is the time of year when I start obsessively thinking about it, so the sooner the better. Been occupying my time with a lot of hardwater fishing & some ATV riding when the weather permits. We've had some unseasonably warm weather here the past few weeks, but we'll see more snow up through Memorial Day.
              2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

To cold to do much here. I have been making all my summer plans now. My main trip will be 2 weeks out in WY. with a group of Jeep people. Then about 8 more long weekend trips. First outing is the end of April, and I can't wait.

Comment

The lack of snow this winter (at least here in central IN) has really benefited my ability to continue to get out and do some great "easier" day hiking. The only one deep snowfall we received, back in Dec, my snowblower wouldn't start (it did start fine last fall during the "test")...so I shoveled that morning. Tore the thing apart, fixed/cleaned the carb/fuel system....and since then, it hasn't snowed enough again to even fire it up. lol

Like everyone else, I have spent time planning the 2015 camping season. Our first trip is tentatively planned for the end of March. Soon my camping friends...soon.
                  2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                  Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                  Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                  Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                    I told myself that I wasn't going back out until I got my truck running (I bought it as a replacement for my work truck and a better option for camping) and it hasn't happened yet.
                    I FOUND THE PART I NEED!!!!!

I think. Going to pull it out of the donor truck Saturday and hopefully it will solve the biggest problem. I am trying to contain my excitement but am having trouble because if it DOES work I will be camping next month for sure.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                    X