Too cold for my blood

Re: Cold weather campers?

Originally posted by terasec View Post
    Had some stuff to do at my house upstate,
    So planned on some camping while there
    Got to the house and saw -16 on the dash
    Said screw that set the thermostat at 75 and slept like a baby
    Too cold for my blood
    Well said Terasec! lol. I'd be saying the same thing. -16 is dangerously cold.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I could probably go down to 20. But why?
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

The only time the gang looked at each other like we were out of our minds was when it hit 30 below. On top of that, no one listened to me when I said we should get a site as high up as possible, so we wound up at a site that was in a dry riverbed and not all that far from a fairly large feeder creek to the Potomac. Yeah - it was harsh -BUT - we survived it and it was an experience we'll never forget. The funny thing is, we used to have at least one trip every season. Now none of us want to deal with the summer swelter and everyone tries extra hard to make the Winter trips. Personally, I'll go out as long as it's above zero, although I'll admit that I'd be spending a lot of time in a heated tent. Solitude is GOOD!

Comment

Working...
        X