Multi function tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multi function tools

There is always the Leatherman Tread http://www.leatherman.com/425.html#start=29
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I never carry an axe. The pocket chain saw - I did buy one of those. I took it with me a few times but never used it. It's nice around the yard, tho'. A knife CAN fulfill some of the functions of an axe if you use the correct technique. But the knife I carry is only slightly larger than a razor blade, so no help from that quarter! Not being inclined or skilled enough to build canoes out of logs, I have never really figured out what I need an axe for. I guess if I lived in a colder climate I would feel differently. Where I live, the climate won't kill you. Even so, I would rather rely on a good clothing system than a piece of hardware.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Bigdog, with a decent pocket knife, a P38 is kind of redundant, yes? I learned the fine art of can opening from my grandfather :-)
        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
          Bigdog, with a decent pocket knife, a P38 is kind of redundant, yes? I learned the fine art of can opening from my grandfather :-)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oH2NahLjx-Y

Comment

My P38 has been in my wallet for decades. I can zip a can open in seconds, having long practice with it. My preferred pocket knives have non-locking blades, that would be ruined by opening cans and run the risk of a bad cut - and I am on blood thinner. Bad juju! What I use works best for me!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Reminds me of the old radio ad of the guy applying for a job at a Russian fish cannery processing Sturgeons for caviar, dude tells him, "Here, let me show you how squeeze de fish." Imaging a thick Russian peasant accent.....
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
              X