Coleman Rechargeable Power Cartridges CPX6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Rechargeable Power Cartridges CPX6

Doe anyone use these for their lanterns, tent fans, or anything else. How long does a charge usually last on them?

Re: Coleman Rechargeable Power Cartridges CPX6

I actually used one and had a bad experience. I used a CPX6 for my Coleman Lantern, it unfortunately stopped charging after 6 months ( could have just gotten a faulty pack) Unfortunately I had lost my receipt and could not use my warranty. I use regular batteries for my Lanterns and Coleman fan/tent light now, they actually last a long time too! When my CPX charger did work/ hold a charge it would last 2- 3 camping trips from what I remember ( 3 day weekends at a time)

Comment

I sure don't have such delux equipment. But I did get a Samsung Battery Pack. When I got it I did not know I had to have another cord to charge it from inside the house. It comes with cords to charge things. I have used it once. And am glad I have it as a prep item and as a much depended on charge at camp. I had to wait in the bathroom for an hour once at campgrounds while my phone charged and never want to do that again. Spied out all the spiders that I despise and that I never usually see in a quick trip! Keep it in a watertight box. The cost of watertight boxes has gone up tremendously the last few years so am glad I got one many years ago. FINDING camping equipment has become easier, since more people are prepping and camping. Thank heavens ! The big K Kmart here has a very good selection of camping equipment, as it happens. I may look at some of the things that are Coleman rechargeable. Glad you put this on here.

Comment

Originally posted by noelectricplease View Post
        I sure don't have such delux equipment. But I did get a Samsung Battery Pack. When I got it I did not know I had to have another cord to charge it from inside the house. It comes with cords to charge things. I have used it once. And am glad I have it as a prep item and as a much depended on charge at camp. I had to wait in the bathroom for an hour once at campgrounds while my phone charged and never want to do that again. Spied out all the spiders that I despise and that I never usually see in a quick trip! Keep it in a watertight box. The cost of watertight boxes has gone up tremendously the last few years so am glad I got one many years ago. FINDING camping equipment has become easier, since more people are prepping and camping. Thank heavens ! The big K Kmart here has a very good selection of camping equipment, as it happens. I may look at some of the things that are Coleman rechargeable. Glad you put this on here.
        How many times can you charge your phone before the Coleman battery dies?
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

I use a cpx 6 rechargeable battery for my lantern. I can't give you an exact time length, but it will stay charged for a 3 night/4 day trip.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I can charge my cell phone 5-6 times on the samsung.

Comment

I think thats pretty good. You can recharge it using a cigarette lighter can't you??

Comment

Originally posted by noelectricplease View Post
                I can charge my cell phone 5-6 times on the samsung.
                That is good to know. My wife and I both have external batteries that we love but mine will charge my Galaxy twice which is normally enough. Also a plus is that it is smaller than my phone and can be charged with a USB plug.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by mxzr2 View Post
                  I think thats pretty good. You can recharge it using a cigarette lighter can't you??

If you are talking about the cpx pack, then yes. You can recharge it from your cigarette lighter or 12vdc port.

Comment

I'd say save your money, and get the 4D-cell pack. My first Coleman LED lantern had the CPX rechargeable pack, and it stopped working, wouldn't take a charge after a few months. I bought two more lanterns with the four D-cell packs, and three more spare D-cell packs. Much better! They stay charged longer.
                    Other rechargeables, the AA, AAA and D cell types, do not keep their charge long either. I do use the AA rechargeable batteries but only when I know I will be cycling them in the charger fairly often. The rechargeable D cells have not impressed me. Some power tool battery packs fail quickly too.
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                      Some power tool battery packs fail quickly too.

I am an electrician, and work on jobsites. There are a couple of things about power tool batteries. The main seems to be people buying cheap things and expecting them to replace corded tools. A Ryobi drill can't drill 3" holes like a corded drill can. I won't drill over a 1 1/8 hole saw with a cordless drill. Also temps also effect battery life. Below freezing and batteries are not going to be efficient, same as 100 degree days.
                      If you really want to be impressed, the new lithium batteries are the way to go. A 20 volt Dewalt drill now weight next to nothing. We use a lot of the new Milwaukee tools and they are pretty bad a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
                        I am an electrician, and work on jobsites. There are a couple of things about power tool batteries. The main seems to be people buying cheap things and expecting them to replace corded tools. A Ryobi drill can't drill 3" holes like a corded drill can. I won't drill over a 1 1/8 hole saw with a cordless drill. Also temps also effect battery life. Below freezing and batteries are not going to be efficient, same as 100 degree days.
                        If you really want to be impressed, the new lithium batteries are the way to go. A 20 volt Dewalt drill now weight next to nothing. We use a lot of the new Milwaukee tools and they are pretty bad a$$.
                        Yep to all of this. I have a friend (carpenter) that has his original Dewalt battery from one of his tool kits. It's gotta be 15 years old. I asked him how it still works and he said he takes it inside every night and doesn't leave it in the hot sun during the day.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Had mine for a couple of years now. I use it in the Coleman tent fan/light combo. Works fine. I can go for about 7-8 hours on the fan per charge with it running all night. I can go two nights on just the light with the night light mode on all night.
                          Last edited by actad; 02-01-2015, 06:28 PM.
                          - Laura
                          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post

An entirely different situation to mine. I keep the devices in their cases, inside the house so they are not exposed to extreme heat or cold. I don't try to overwork them. They simply do not hold a charge, and get to the point where they cannot be charged. This speaks to me as a quality issue. Buy cheap, get cheap. Simple.
                            I replaced the faulty tool/battery combo with a better quality unit, and it works much better. The lantern batteries, I don't know. Maybe I got the rare lemon? But the D-cell packs do work better for me. I can get D cells anywhere.
                            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                            X