Let Me See Your Impressive Campsites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Me See Your Impressive Campsites

Redbull released a slew of photos of the most impressive campsites, and it has inspired me to want to out do some of them once the summer arrives.

Check them out: http://www.redbull.com/en/adventure/...xtreme-camping

Here is the best campsite I have put together so far:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	386417_10150677498618438_365087823_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	72767

Let me see your campsites, what is the most impressive sites that you have put together?
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Let Me See Your Impressive Campsites

Last Fall we had one of the largest get-togethers we'd had in years.

Comment

My campsite is pretty contained:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swannie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	69985
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

HOly Moly, that is very impressive!

Comment

I like toedtoes portable modular self contained campsite.

This is one of my old camps,

I've camped at the spot this was taken from a few times, nice place to wake up.

I've camped up and down along the bottom of this canyon many times,

Have camped a number of times in this area, several places close by. Had a little adventure with a bear wanting to come into camp after dark. The two dogs I had at the time went crazy barking at it for about 20 minutes before it got bored and decided to leave. Never saw it, it stayed just out of view in the trees. Dont know for sure if it was a black or grizzly, but probably the latter, given the location and way it hung around.

Last edited by Malamute; 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Malamute - I think you should hang your tent off the road railing. That would put it right there with the campsites in the link.
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Only one pic in the link showed up for me, I'm using an old computer after my good one died.

I'm not quite adventurous enough to hang off the side if the mountain to camp. My hat is off to those that do crazy things like camp off the side of rock faces halfway up a mountain, though there are likely people that think some things I do are crazy too.

Portable modular self contained mobile campsites keep looking better all the time. Anywhere with a flat spot can be home for a while.

Comment

OH noo about the old computer! I completely agree props to those who don't mind hanging off of the edge for a campsite, as for myself... NOPE!

Comment

nice that looks like a really nice area. and well thought out to keep people off the vegetation!

Comment

I cringe every time I see a picture like this:

Part of my job requires me to climb up a 24 foot ladder from time to time. Going up isn't too bad, coming down is not a happy moment. I'm just grateful that that doesn't happen too often.

Comment

You know that dream where you fall off a cliff and wake up??? I don't like it!

Comment

Working...
                      X