Just went on an AmAzInG Hike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just went on an AmAzInG Hike!

Whatcom Falls Park, by far the best day hiking I have experienced. The trail gives a large diversity of ambiance, while also providing not too difficult of trails for all ages. Starting the hike you are surrounded by the noise of waterfalls, and about 1/4 mile in, there is a beautiful waterfall. You will probably want to chill here for a few minutes, but not to worry the trails will be there when you decide to walk again.

If you follow the creek there is a spot about 15 minutes in that has carvings in stone by a mini pool. Again this hike is something you need to experience yourself to understand the beauty, but if you are ever up near Bellingham, WA I would suggest visiting this park!

Here are some photos that outline the hike:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20141206_132136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	72763Click image for larger version

Name:	20141206_135456.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	72764Click image for larger version

Name:	20141206_131309-EFFECTS.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	72765Click image for larger version

Name:	20141206_134711.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	72766
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Just went on an AmAzInG Hike!

Nice pictures Gearspoke. Looks like a fun hike. Thanks for sharing.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

No Problem! Glad I could show you fun things in Washington!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearspoke View Post
        No Problem! Glad I could show you fun things in Washington!
        I love hiking to waterfalls; it's nice having a "destination" on a hike. Hearing the roar and power of the water before you can even see it...fantastic.

It always makes me wonder who did the carving in the rock---had to take a while. Now-a-days you would be arrested for defacing...and rightly so. But that face in your photo is really well done...a haunted look. Not sure I'd want to light that up with the headlamp in the dark.

Without hi-jacking your thread...there is a carving of a devil on the appropriately named "Devil's Backbone" within the Pine Hills Nature Preserve (part of Shades State Park here in Indiana). Considering the height of the drop from the backbone to the ground...it's probably a good warning to watch your step:

2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

No High jacking at all, I implore people to high jack, that is the soul purpose of a forum. Present a topic and then have a wonderful discussion! So Thank you! Creepy photo though, I may be a bit creeped out if I am night hiking, and stumble upon this! Spooky!

Comment

Working...
          X