Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you follow the first rule of Fight Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you follow the first rule of Fight Club?

I can see both sides. In my area there is a beautiful NF campground about 2 hours away. I frequent a state park a bit closer many times for short weekend trips but if it's going to be several days I will go there. What amazes me is I see people camping at the state park that live within 30 minutes of the NF campground but have never heard of it??? It's a great place and except for holidays it's usually pretty much empty. They began closing off part of it last year because of lack of use. Would love for enough campers to use it to keep it open. Bankhead National Forest_Houston Rec Area.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearspoke View Post
      Always hesitant to tell about my favorite backpacking locations, I hate having to hike with people around. Takes the fun out of getting to be in tuned with your surroundings, especially when you get to that perfect camping spot, you don't want others around, being loud and obnoxious.

Now when it comes to campsites, no matter what there will always be people. So I have no care about telling others about campgrounds that I have enjoyed. BUT if a person has an RV, I will never suggest any grounds I have been to, last thing I want to sleep to is a generator! gahhh

You can tell me! I don't have a generator, outdoor stereo or TV, scare lights, awning lights, pink flamingoes or any other such ilk...
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
        You can tell me! I don't have a generator, outdoor stereo or TV, scare lights, awning lights, pink flamingoes or any other such ilk...
        Scare lights?

Comment

Yeah, apparently it's common for RVs to have motion triggered lights on them that light up an entire campground...
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Ah, motion sensor insecurity lights.

Comment

Green Ridge State Forest, Flintstone, MD (Please, no yabba dabba doo comments)
              Sites 1, 3, 83, or 84.
              Let me know when you're going.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                Green Ridge State Forest, Flintstone, MD (Please, no yabba dabba doo comments)
                Sites 1, 3, 83, or 84.
                Let me know when you're going.
                So do they only allow foot-powered vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                  So do they only allow foot-powered vehicles?
                  How did I know someone would anyway? LOL

Comment

But I never said anything about yabba dabba do!

Comment

Working...
                    X