Moran State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moran State Park

Just spent a lovely weekend a week ago at Moran State Park and I thought I would suggest this ark as potential camp site locations for all of you world travelers out there. There are ton of hiking spots that circle around the numerous amounts of lakes that is there. To top it off there is a tower you can hike to from your camp site where you get a 360 panoramic view of the ocean and what lays inland. Beautiful.

Here is the site incase anyone is enticed: http://www.parks.wa.gov/547/Moran

Have a wonderful time!

Added some photos:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20140828_191705 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	72759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140720_201959913.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	72760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140720_110252646.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	72761
    Last edited by Gearspoke; 11-24-2014, 11:26 AM.
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Moran State Park

That looks like a great state park. Cool observation tower. 151 tent sites...no electric...some right on a lake. Perfect. Thanks for the link....it was interesting.

Any pics from your weekend visit?
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

O0o0 thank you a65hoosier, thank you for reminding me! I have added them to the original post! I unfortunately do not have photos of the park itself, but I have a ton of when we went to brunch the next morning in Doe Bay. The family has a house on the neighboring island Blakely, so when we boated over, I didn't really think to bring anything except my phone for emergencies. But here are the few that I did take. Sorry for silly photo, my cousin thinks she is true gangsta ;p

Comment

You're welcome for the reminder Gearspoke (kinda strange calling you by your company name-lol)!!!

Didn't mean it as only a reminder tho, more of a "hey, I'd like to see pics of this place and your trip!" I think most of us do enjoy seeing the places where other forum members call home, visit, or just where they go to get away and get outdoors. We're spread all over this great country and it's fun to see the different parts of it. Each place unique and amazingly beautiful (it's easier to find beautiful places in some states than others, but everyone has some great spots-just have to know where to look). And....it gives me some ideas on where I might like to spend some future R&R time....places I might not have considered. So, yea, I love pics...and researching those places.

Earlier, before I posted, I did some surfing on the web about Moran State Park and discovered that whole island it's on looks to be a great outdoor playland. Wow! Jealous. lol.....also found out that Doe Bay Resort has some, let's say, interesting soaking tubs for it's guests. Hmmmmmm. hehehe

That brings me back to your pics you posted....Beautiful shot-the first one is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh...and tell your cousin to be a true "gangsta", she's gonna need to change up her instrument of choice.

Brian
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Noo Thank you! Sometimes I post too quickly, forgetting to remember that people might want to see photos of the places I have been!

Comment

I've driven through Moran State Park on our way to Doe Bay, it's beautiful out there on Orcas Island. We'll have to try and camp there next time we go.
            Last edited by PNWCamper; 06-16-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X