Apologies to NYCgrrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to NYCgrrl

I posted this on another thread and deleted it...but wanted to vent!
    It's not about politics or religion. It's about exponential increases in families living in poverty, changing the way unemployment is calculated to pretend "the economy is roaring", it's about losing hundreds of dollars of your family's budget to meet new forced Obamacare costs, the big increases in inflation (oh yeah, they stopped including food and energy in the formula), the gov't gutting medical research funding, taxing medical devices, printing money to cover expenses, Harry Reed canceling the Nevada completed underground nuke waste storage so plants have nowhere to send their waste (but keeping the billions in funding) and every nuke power plant has to store their waste on-site, bottling up 40 House of Rep Jobs Bills in committee so they never see a vote, the Senate never doing its duty by submitting a budget (endless Continuing Resolutions), No way-safer-than-wheels Keystone Pipeline so Warren Buffett cashes out with his endless trains hauling that same oil with trains running 24/7 every day, obstructing US Energy Independence by bowing to the Saudis rather than releasing the applied permits for the 50-year-old fracking technology to power our economy, etc, etc, WHAT UNIVERSE DO YOU LIVE IN? I do apologize for stepping outside my own guidelines - I'm a medical researcher in California whose seen my field decimated to fund crony capitalism at the expense of patients, new cures, and local institutes of medicine for the ability to move the chess pieces around where The Boss wants to: "Elections have consequences". They do indeed, lass.

:tussor:
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Re: Apologies to NYCgrrl

Nice apology.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
      I posted this on another thread and deleted it...but wanted to vent!
      It's not about politics or religion. It's about exponential increases in families living in poverty, changing the way unemployment is calculated to pretend "the economy is roaring", it's about losing hundreds of dollars of your family's budget to meet new forced Obamacare costs, the big increases in inflation (oh yeah, they stopped including food and energy in the formula), the gov't gutting medical research funding, taxing medical devices, printing money to cover expenses, Harry Reed canceling the Nevada completed underground nuke waste storage so plants have nowhere to send their waste (but keeping the billions in funding) and every nuke power plant has to store their waste on-site, bottling up 40 House of Rep Jobs Bills in committee so they never see a vote, the Senate never doing its duty by submitting a budget (endless Continuing Resolutions), No way-safer-than-wheels Keystone Pipeline so Warren Buffett cashes out with his endless trains hauling that same oil with trains running 24/7 every day, obstructing US Energy Independence by bowing to the Saudis rather than releasing the applied permits for the 50-year-old fracking technology to power our economy, etc, etc, WHAT UNIVERSE DO YOU LIVE IN? I do apologize for stepping outside my own guidelines - I'm a medical researcher in California whose seen my field decimated to fund crony capitalism at the expense of patients, new cures, and local institutes of medicine for the ability to move the chess pieces around where The Boss wants to: "Elections have consequences". They do indeed, lass.

:tussor:
      Stealth post much, tp?
      Have moments... welllll actually months filled with second thoughts?

Since post surreal posting is the current mode (why dinna anyone send me the memo?!?) I could fill this response with random thunk but really why bother? Never felt the need to trumpet; doing, is so much better for my way of thinking.

I accept your apology in the manner it was written. Twice.:didas:
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I didn't see the original post that TP made, but I think we should refrain from talking politics on this page. I have seen it cause to many problems with other websites. If you want to discuss politics, please go to a news page or some where else and lets leave this to camping related discussions.
        Just my 2 cents.
        Shawn
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
          I didn't see the original post that TP made, but I think we should refrain from talking politics on this page. I have seen it cause to many problems with other websites. If you want to discuss politics, please go to a news page or some where else and lets leave this to camping related discussions.
          Just my 2 cents.
          Shawn
          COMPLETE agreement from my end.
          2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
            Just my 2 cents.
            Shawn
            Or at the least make a Politics/Religion section for that mess.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

The post was made in the "Off-Topic" section, which would seem to be the appropriate place for it.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                The post was made in the "Off-Topic" section, which would seem to be the appropriate place for it.
                I think it was appropriate. I love America. Just cannot stand the half dozen gang of thugs that run it.
                Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                sigpic

Comment

Personally, I don't visit camping sites (or photography, RV, cooking, sewing, animal, etc. sites) to discuss politics. But, having said that, I would rather see this post here than where it was originally posted.

I AM still confused as to how this post is in any way, shape, or form an apology.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

It wasn't an apology. Either version.
                    TP just likes the way the word looks in print.
                    Some people live for drama whilst others laugh.
                    Last edited by NYCgrrl; 11-19-2014, 05:22 AM.
                    2017:

Comment

Working...
                    X