Bivy Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bivy Camping

Does anyone out there ever use a bivy for camping? What do you use? What do you look for in a bivy? I'm not sure how many of you do lightweight backpack camping, but I'm all about the XC aspect of exploring the world. Just walking in the outback and going where the trail takes me. My bivy sack is pretty light, rolls up very compact, and has ample room. I don't feel cramped or boxed in. Anyways, I decided I'd like to start doing some reviews, and shot the video below on an adventure I went on with my mountainboard. Enjoy!
    http://youtu.be/IQsBb5sRzI8

Re: Bivy Camping

What part of CO are your from. I am up in Longmont.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Nice video! I'm afraid I need a little more cushiness than a bivy sack!

Comment

I'm in Longmont too! Small world! We have been doing a lot of our camping/exploration up highway 7 off of a forest access road. Hit me up if you got any rad spots in the area we should hit up. I know for a fact that I'll be doing some winter camping. If you can stand the cold, you're welcome to join. I probably won't be using a Bivy for sub zero camping! Hit me up sometime! dirtshaman at gmail

Comment

All righty. Pm me sometime and we can get together and discuss an outing.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I have a small 2.5lb Bivytent I like. Excellent for motorcycle camping, and small enough to backpack too. Got it from Sportsman's Guide. A true bivybag would be too confining for me.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X