>> SpitzoMT's Scenic Photos <<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >> SpitzoMT's Scenic Photos <<

Starting my own thread of pics that are not camping related. I took these 10/22/2014 while on a ATV ride. Didn't do any fishing this time. Just played in the snow, started a fire, and had a few beers. Snow in the higher elevations made for some cushy riding.

Photo's Lost - Thanks Photobucket !!
    Last edited by SpitzoMT; 08-03-2017, 02:19 AM. Reason: Added Text
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Re: &gt;&gt; SpitzoMT's Scenic Photos &lt;&lt;

Couple more...............

Last edited by SpitzoMT; 08-03-2017, 02:19 AM.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Really beautiful terrain. I wouldn't mind the snow if it came with those views....and toys.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
        Really beautiful terrain. I wouldn't mind the snow if it came with those views....and toys.
        Amen to that.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Great pics, thanks for posting them!

Comment

Thanks everyone !! Check out my first attempt at video, my test video as I like to call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyWdC4051I
            Last edited by SpitzoMT; 02-10-2015, 12:49 AM.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Videos like this always make me long for the outdoors. Constructive criticism: Music would have been nice. I also, in general, prefer narration or just talking to the camera. I don't know why. It might make me feel like I was on the trip with you.

Anyway still a good video, keep them coming.
              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
              – E. B. White

Comment

Thanks James !! Yes, some music and/or narration would have been a nice touch. I'll blame the lack of on me worrying about my new expensive camera somehow falling off the head strap mount, being totally focused on the rocky road, & just being a "newbie" at shooting video/editing video. I hope to do better next time. Take care..........!!

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

A few pics from the Montana hardwater..........

Last edited by SpitzoMT; 08-03-2017, 02:20 AM.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

Beautiful! I can hear them frying in the pan.
                      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                        Beautiful! I can hear them frying in the pan.

Back down the hole to live a longer life. Catch n' release guy here.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Originally posted by SpitzoMT View Post
                          Back down the hole to live a longer life. Catch n' release guy here.
                          I never did understand people who would take their limit home everyday - some even more than that. I mean, sure, it's free food, but I always figured it was good to let 'em grow up into bigger fish for a better fight some time down the road. In the last ten years, I might have kept about a dozen fish.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                            I never did understand people who would take their limit home everyday - some even more than that. I mean, sure, it's free food, but I always figured it was good to let 'em grow up into bigger fish for a better fight some time down the road. In the last ten years, I might have kept about a dozen fish.

I hear ya MacGyver. Conservation & Preservation is what it's all about to me & I wish more sportsmen practiced it. Don't get me wrong, I kept plenty of fish when I was a youngster, but we ate all of them. I've seen fish populations decline in many of the local fisheries over the past 20 years or so & that's the direct result of fishing pressure & people exceeding limits. In no way do I advocate that people should never keep fish because I know many people that enjoy eating them on a regular basis. Fishing regulations are imposed for a reason, it's just to bad there's always people who think they're above following them. By the way, last fish I kept was in 1998. Thanks for the reply & take care !!

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Took a quick ATV ride up Racetrack Creek just north of town last week. The cabin in the one photo is called Racetrack Cabin & it's a Forest Service rental cabin that can be used year long if you have the means to access it. I hoped to maybe make it 3 - 4 miles in from where I parked the truck & unloaded. I made it 6.6 miles in & that cabin is located 6 miles in. Snowpack is not looking good for this time of year !!

Last edited by SpitzoMT; 08-03-2017, 02:21 AM.

NIGHTS CAMPED:

Comment

Working...
                              X