Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy things that happened during roadtrips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy things that happened during roadtrips!

My whole life has been filled with road trips, whether it was in the USA or another country something terribly crazy always happened to my family. One particular memory stuck out. We drove through Utah in search of Dinosaur bones, and we decided to swing by the St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm. Now, mind you my family is a bit weird when it comes to road trips, we always have to find 2 stops to go to when we do these road trips. Thi happened to be one of them. This area was an arid desert, and in the summer, the heat is almost unbearable.

So we saw the dinosaur exhibit, and we started to drive, we got about 10 miles down the road, when my brother needed to use the restroom. So we pulled over so he could use the restroom, which meant he would go on the side of the road. My parents had seen something interesting, and decided to investigate. They told my brother to lock up and to catch up when he was done.

So what my parents saw, ended up being nothing, but when my brother showed up e had no keys in hand. We were now stranded in the middle of a desert, 10 miles away from the nearest civilization, no water, no food, and worst of all no shade.

My Father took off to grab someone, we knew it would be about a few hours before any relief came. So we tried to make the best of it... penny can. But the weirdest thing, this hitchhiker was walking by, with the most random assortment of tools. He offered to help us get into our car and of course we said yes. He pulled out this long stick thing and shoved it down our door, where the window is located. Just like they do in the movies, it was surreal. http://goo.gl/b078Lu

Anyhoo we finally got into our car with barely any fuss. But I am sure you have much better stories for me, what crazy things have happened to you on vacation?
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Crazy things that happened during roadtrips!

That hitchhiker was an angel sent from heaven to save your family

Comment

Re: Crazy things that happened during roadtrips!

When I was a kid we were on a camping trip that included my parents and brothers and sisters and my aunt and uncle and all of their kids. 15+ people there. We all had fun and on the first night we had to bug out through a forest fire......I slept through the whole thing :sleep:

Part of the story is that my aunt and uncle were in a van and threw a bunch of gear in the back but didn't shut the door well. The back door opened on a hill and they lost most of their stuff in their haste to get away.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
      X