Winter camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter camping?

Anybody out there like to go winter camping?

Thanks

Re: Winter camping?

What do you call winter?

Comment

someone from WI will have different idea of winter camping than someone from AZ.
      myself?
      from NY, i camp in cold and snow, but without a heat source in the tent 20 degrees is about as low a temp i can handle

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
        someone from WI will have different idea of winter camping than someone from AZ.
        myself?
        from NY, i camp in cold and snow, but without a heat source in the tent 20 degrees is about as low a temp i can handle
        Agreed. Born and raised in Arizona and I don't own a heavy coat. Oddly enough I own a couple of scarves though.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          Agreed. Born and raised in Arizona and I don't own a heavy coat. Oddly enough I own a couple of scarves though.
          my experience in AZ
          you people get cold easily
          remember driving to a trade show 1 morning, top down, enjoying the nice morning,
          look over lady driving with windows closed, scarf and gloves on,
          also AZ is the first time i ever saw those heat lamps on decks and patios,
          never saw those up north

Comment

I am not a winter weather camper. I am perfectly fine looking at winter through my house windows with the heat blasting on me.
            - Laura
            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
              I am not a winter weather camper. I am perfectly fine looking at winter through my house windows with the heat blasting on me.
              is this your view?

Comment

my experience in AZ
                remember driving to a trade show 1 morning, top down, enjoying the nice morning,
                never saw those up north
                HA! I always get a kick out of the snowbirds wearing their shorts and t-shirts in the middle of winter.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                  HA! I always get a kick out of the snowbirds wearing their shorts and t-shirts in the middle of winter.
                  my experience in AZ
                  never saw those up north
                  Hehe...both funny. Reminds me of a Feb trip we took to Florida. The first day down, the night temps dipped into the mid 40's. Not bringing anything but shorts and t-shirts with us, we took off to the local Wal-mart to get some sweat shirts/pants. The entire store was sold out of sweat shirts, pants..etc. Anything long sleeve or warm. lol. That FL Walmart's clothing section looked like the bread/milk/egg section of a Northern state's grocery right before a big winter storm. Stuff was just.....gone.

Back to the OP original question...yes, there are several winter tent campers here on the forum. And by winter....I'm assuming you mean cold weather camping...with snow chances....32 degrees or below.
                  Last edited by a65hoosier; 10-23-2014, 07:48 AM.
                  2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                  Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                  Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                  Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

We were camping this weekend. It snowed and the temps were below freezing with a howling wind, but since it is not yet Thanksgiving, we don't call it winter. Still autumn in Wisconsin, no matter what the temperature or weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X