Is this the Best Camping Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the Best Camping Forum?

According to Canvas Campers, their anti-spam verification goes away after 10 posts.
    Mike Hampton
    If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

Originally posted by mhampton View Post
      According to Canvas Campers, their anti-spam verification goes away after 10 posts.

That's ten posts too long. Once we become a member, what's the point?
      Rule Two regards "Religious, Political and Guns". I can understand to a degree, but there are occasional subjects within those descriptions that do directly apply to camping and should be able to be discussed. As I said, this is not quite a deal breaker.
      The TEN posts of having to play the silly verification game....? That is a deal breaker. I don't have the time or inclination for that nonsense. Their house, their rules, and I will not visit again. My choice.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the validity of their rules. If the stupid spammers wouldn't invade forums trying to push their (usually) worthless garbage, none of the boards would have to impose various inconveniences on new users who just want to share ideas and have a friendly conversation. But enough about other forums. I'll hang my hat here and be happy.
        Mike Hampton
        If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

without the validation,
          its alot of work for the mods to clear out the spam,
          another large site i frequent,
          can log in and have pages and pages of spam posts before mods get a chance to clear it,
          no spam is worth a little inconvenience

Comment

Almost wish I still had a popup - there seems to be a lot of people from my area on there.

Comment

That's one good reason for being a member on many forums - each has it's own specific 'target audience', be it tent camping, RV/TT camping, van/car camping, etc. I haven't found one yet that is truly "one size fits all". :-)
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
              X