Trash Ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash Ease

I finally got sick of trying to hang a garbage bag on a tree limb or over a tarp pole and bought one of these:

Gotta say, I am very impressed. Simple little product. Rubber coated wire. Clips solidly to the end of a picnic table. Fits a standard 13 gallon trash bag, or if you want something a little smaller to take to the dumpster after each meal, a grocery store bag will also hang from the clips. Lightweight. Easy to stuff into a crevice in the car.

http://trashease.com/

Re: Trash Ease

Any chance of the bag falling thru the hole?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

No. It's securely on there. It's a tight stretch to get a 13 gallon kitchen trash bag on the rim and the rubber coating really grips it. It's kind of hard to visualize, but the bag actually folds over the entire perimeter, just like it would in a garbage can at home. Pretty clever design.

I had been hooking a plastic grocery sack over the top of a tarp pole, but I was really a pain in the butt because it didn't hold the bag open. I just put this thing on the end of the picnic table at car camping sites, right in front of my propane stove.

Comment

That's rather nice. Might work well in my RV on the edge of the dinette table if it worked with the small wastebasket sized bags. I try to take my trash to the garbage bins once a day, so I never have enough to justify a kitchen bag.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

This is a super cool invention! I'm going to have to pick one of those up for myself!
          Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

I just might have to take a closer look at one of these. Looks like a much better solution than those collapsible trash cans.

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
              That's rather nice. Might work well in my RV on the edge of the dinette table if it worked with the small wastebasket sized bags. I try to take my trash to the garbage bins once a day, so I never have enough to justify a kitchen bag.
              What I do is put a 13 gallon trash bag on the Trash Ease, then put a 8 gallon (large-ish) trash can liner on the two back hooks. I fill up the 8-gallon bag and take it to the dumpster after each meal (bear and raccoon country). I would do the same thing with plastic grocery bags, but I can't find any that don't leak!

The 8 gallon liners will not actually stretch around the full perimeter of the Trash Ease.

To be honest, i suspect that the 13 gallon bags might be just as cheap as the 8 gallon liners. It's not like I'm plowing through 100s of bags on my tent camping trips.

Comment

BTW, they also make a second version of the Trash Ease that has a single mount for hooking on a canopy or tarp pole. I thought about that version, but ended up deciding on the picnic table version.

Comment

Originally posted by hwc1954 View Post
                  BTW, they also make a second version of the Trash Ease that has a single mount for hooking on a canopy or tarp pole. I thought about that version, but ended up deciding on the picnic table version.
                  I saw that. I will probably get one of each. I usually take 2 cans tailgating and one camping but one blew out of the back of the truck last year on my way to a game. I wish they had a lid but I think I can make one out of wood no problem.
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

On a side note.....

:surprised: OMG!!!!! WE CAN EMBED VIDEOS NOW?!?! Yay!
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                      On a side note.....

:surprised: OMG!!!!! WE CAN EMBED VIDEOS NOW?!?! Yay!
                      nothing new. The insert video button has always been there.
                      JohnJohn
                      ---------
                      Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
                        nothing new. The insert video button has always been there.
                        Yes, but the 'working' part is new. Before it would just post the link.
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Ok Johnjohn, couldn't get it to work so I did a quote to see how hwc got it to work and I have a question. Why do I have to add the part in the brackets? I don't know coding but shouldn't that either automatically populate when you copy the link in the little box that pops up or not be necessary at all?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
                          – E. B. White

Comment

If you copy just the web address, and enter that into the URL field for video insert, you do not have to manually add the bracketed code - the system will auto add it.

Click on the Video icon, enter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeo00QXEtg into the URL field, click OK and get:

http://[URL]https://www.youtube.com/...[/URL]

But that gives you a link

Add next to the first vide0 "=youtube;bTeo00QXEtg" and you get the actual embedded video

by adding that abbreviated address =youtube;bTeo00QXEtg within the bracket, you are telling the system to embed the video and not just link. The system doesn't know you want to embed unless you add that bit.
                            Last edited by toedtoes; 09-29-2014, 08:14 PM.
                            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Cool invention for sure!

If anyone wants it from Amazon I found it here for $15!
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...HINEZL7VHXEUN6

Comment

Working...
                              X