What air mattress for our tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What air mattress for our tent?

I'm trying to get over my fear of a "self Inflating " mattress, what you say seems to be an issue with only one I have and it has no insulation, but its designed for sleeping in the desert, 80 deg nites.
    I used it on a mountain camping trip and got cold,,,,2 AM....It slips in for the bottom half of my ultra lite Big Agnus set for bicycle touring. I can't complain as I asked for a Hot weather set up.(MOAB)
    So I will try to get up the guts to buy one like you say Markee....

Comment

I use the Thermarest LuxuryMAP self-inflating air mattress. 3 different sizes (I have Large). Mapped memory foam. 3.5 inches thick. R value of 6.8. Self inflates fairly quickly. Great sleep for a car camper.
      2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Air mattresses are not just for camping. You can also use them as extra bed when you have guests over or even use them while watching the game or any sporting event. The bottom line is there are tons of ways to use air mattresses other than sleeping on them. So if you are looking for a new bed for your teenage daughter, an air mattress is a great choice; it is comfortable and safe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post

I use the Thermarest LuxuryMAP self-inflating air mattress. 3 different sizes (I have a Large). Mapped memory foam. 3.5 inches thick. R-value of 6.8. Self inflates fairly quickly. Great sleep for a car camper.
          I am 6'4", and exceed the 300-lb weight limit of most mfr's twin-size air mattresses. I've gone through two Coleman's in just a couple of nights camping. At this point, my primary concern is not leaking air so much that I end up on the ground by morning. Flocking and insulation aren't needed. I don't need it to have a built-in pump, either; I have a battery-powered portable that works great.

Intex lists theirs at 300.
          Swiss Camping Gear (Wenger) and Northwest Territory do not list their ratings.

Any suggestions for a high-capacity mattress?

Comment

last year I've used Coleman air mattress which is good but a little bulky. so one of my friends suggested an inflatable camping mattress named MATTRESS PRO™. it is easy to carry. so far so good. it's been 3 months. I'll update more if it is survive.

Comment

If you want something that'll work for both car camping and some backpacking too, I have one of these and they're great. R rating of 4.3 I think so they're pretty good even in cold weather, they pack down small, and this one is pretty wide for these type of pads!

Comment

We find the Thermarest self inflating mattress the most comfortable and most compact.

Comment

Originally posted by roomdistrict View Post

I am 6'4", and exceed the 300-lb weight limit of most mfr's twin-size air mattresses. I've gone through two Coleman's in just a couple of nights camping. At this point, my primary concern is not leaking air so much that I end up on the ground by morning. Flocking and insulation aren't needed. I don't need it to have a built-in pump, either; I have a battery-powered portable that works great.

Intex lists theirs at 300.
                  Swiss Camping Gear (Wenger) and Northwest Territory do not list their ratings.

Any suggestions for a high-capacity mattress?
                  You need a Davis Tent cot with a 4" high density memory foam pad. Probably same comfort as your bed at home.

We had a mattress go bad before our topper did. Bought a new bed and didn't need the topper. So, I cut it up to fit our cots and used vacuum bags to shrink them down to size for transport. All memory foam is not the same. 4# density of more is where it's at.

Comment

Selecting the right air mattress for your tent depends on factors such as size, thickness, material, and insulation. Ensure it fits comfortably inside your tent, opt for a thickness of 4-6 inches for comfort, and consider materials like PVC, TPU, or fabric-covered options. The method of inflation, durability, comfort features, and your budget should also influence your choice. Popular brands include Coleman, Intex, Therm-a-Rest, and SoundAsleep, but reading reviews from fellow campers can provide valuable insights for your decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X