Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Car Camping Cooler

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
    Thank you for confirming what has kept me away from trying electric refrigeration. Even with my solar setup, I kinda figured I couldn't keep up with the demands of such a setup without adding even more panels and more batteries. Definitely not an option here!
    MacG; you are very welcome!
    ...I thought that you had 100 watts or more of solar panels; if so you would probably be on the practical side with a compressor based portable fridge with a 100 AH or larger battery (and good sun; for me this is the kicker.. I prefer shady sites but the solar needs SUN).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 07-25-2016, 06:30 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      Maybe this should have its own thread but I'm going to leave it here......12v cooler.

http://www.dometic.com/USA/New-Produ...tors-Freezers/
      I'm back to fiddling around w/ the thought of an electric freezer for my someday over the rainbow RV so will continue reading this aspect of the thread avidly.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

:tussor:

Comment

Working...
        X