Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Nature Walks

http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archi...s-nature-group

Here is an article talking about how group nature walks can reduce depression, stress, and be good for well-being. Now you know!

Re: Group Nature Walks

have to be with the right group,
    I hiked an 8 mile loop with a group in PA,
    wasnt exactly relaxing.
    the group leader was a regular professional hiker in the area
    kept a fast pace, never talked, and never looked back,
    people couldnt stop when they wanted, was a bit much and too fast for some in the group,
    some were really struggling and leader barely noticed

Comment

Once a week the ladies and I all get together at my place and then we walk a pre-planned 10 mile walk. Once we got towards the end, or if we are feeling extra tired, we would go to a coffee shop and enjoy a delicious beverage. If feeling like extra bad, then I would get some nom nom food. Thank you for the article, gives me reason to keep going on those walks.
      Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
        have to be with the right group,
        I hiked an 8 mile loop with a group in PA,
        wasnt exactly relaxing.
        the group leader was a regular professional hiker in the area
        kept a fast pace, never talked, and never looked back,
        people couldnt stop when they wanted, was a bit much and too fast for some in the group,
        some were really struggling and leader barely noticed
        That was my experience with a group hike. It felt like some kind of school field trip. I much prefer hiking my own hike.

Comment

I usually hike alone, but once a month or so, I will organize/lead a hike with several of the neighborhood ladies (we just did a 7 miler the other day). They "walk" as a group all the time (generally flat terrain), but like hitting the trails as a change of pace. I try to select a trail that includes plenty of hills to challenge them.

I generally agree with comments above regarding "group" hikes. In my situation...it works out well....but only because our "group" has similar abilities and pace (I have experience on my side...they have youth on theirs). It's a fun time and gives them a chance to get out into the woods...something they have told me they wouldn't feel comfortable/safe doing on their own.
          2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
          Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
          Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
          Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X