No announcement yet.

Winter is coming... where will you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is coming... where will you go?

With the weather changing, turning the northern hemisphere to winter and the southern hemisphere to summer, the activities that we normally do will soon change. With this regular climate change what will you be doing this winter? For example, this summer we will be staying at the different hostels at the different ski areas to blog of our experience for others to follow.
    Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Re: Winter is coming... where will you go?

Yay Winter! My camping season is finally BEGINNING! Summer has been too danged hot and muggy. Nights in the 20's and 30's is perfect.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
      Yay Winter! My camping season is finally BEGINNING! Summer has been too danged hot and muggy. Nights in the 20's and 30's is perfect.
      Winter Nights in the twenties and thirties? Ha ha. That is our SUMMER time.

Comment

Yeah, but we can have our bikini girls out year round....... ;-)
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Fall and Winter are my favorite times to go camping. Truck willing, I'm going this weekend and then again the 3rd week of October. After that, I start thinking SNOW!!!

Comment

Especially at the ski sites, if the weather is warm every now and then you will see girls in bikinis, skiing down the hill! Nice!
            Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

I'll be plowing tons of snow & fishing the hardwater !!
              2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

I've got a 7 day camping trip coming up in the Smoky Mountains beginning next weekend. Then then a 2 night at Mammoth Cave. That should be about it u til April:aww:

Comment

camping on my land,
                  looking to heat my 10x10 kodiak,
                  also looking to invest in showshoes,
                  and bear spray,
                  other than that, small game hunting, fishing hard and soft water,
                  will still do some kayaking while the water is wet,
                  good times ahead

Comment

For those of you who are fortunate enough to live in snow country and enjoy cross country skiing:

You might like to prepare and plan for winter camping. In Wisconsin, most of the state campgrounds maintain and plow several campsites all year round. Since these campsites are in state forests, they have many miles of groomed cross country ski trails to enjoy right near the campgrounds.

For those who are more adventurous, try backcountry camping - especially at a location that you can camp trailside. For example, we have many ski trails that go through National Forests. We can primitive camp anywhere we want - enjoying trailside camping!

Comment

Working...
                    X