Upgrading my Van Camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Van Camper

Well, having done some camping in my Grand Caravan, I decided I needed more room. Hoped to use the 1986 Ford E150 I inherited from my late Father, but the more I delved into it, the worse it looked - nearly thirty years of abuse really show, and it's just to much a rusty ruin.
    So, I am now the proud owner of a 1988 Ford E150 Conversion Van. It's got some age issues too, but runs well and will make a good platform to build a camper from. Fully carpeted, a 302 V8 motor, some 'Bells&Whistles the older van lacks like swiveling captains chairs.
    I'll remove the Third Seat and bench rear seat and begin installing the basics for some weekend camping - lengthwise sofa-bed, propane stove/oven, Big Buddy Heater, 5KBTU AC for when using shore power in the summer, porta-potty and some water storage. Hope to have it ready for hunting season, as a buddy and I are planning to camp out there this year.
    It'll become a "Small Class B" of sorts.

Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Re: Upgrading my Van Camper

That thing is clean, looks pretty much stock, cool
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

Re: Upgrading my Van Camper

That looks similar to what my van is, I've been living in it for 6 months now. I don't see you and your buddy having any issues with a weekend or a month. The biggest trouble will be sleeping arrangements.

Http://youtu.be/MDDVuaQNILY that's a video tour of my van shortly after getting it

Comment

Working...
      X