Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so...I went and did this (2014 Class C Build/Upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so...I went and did this (2014 Class C Build/Upgrade)

so...I went and did this

Click image for larger version

Name:	classC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	72744
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Re: so...I went and did this

Congrats JohnJohn !! That's a beauty !! Give us the details on your new toy. Take care..........
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
      so...I went and did this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4716[/ATTACH]
      Took a picture? :neutral: I do that all the time.

Just kidding. Nice looking rig.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Nice Class C! Please give details. :-)
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Is that a slide I see?
          Niceeeeeeeeeeee!
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Here is the low down.

Tent camping from age 5 to age 27
            1993 Coleman Pop-up camping from age 27-43
            2014 Fleetwood Jamboree 31d from age 43 to forever.

I must admit I fricken love this thing. When we "moved" from a tent to a pop-up it wasn't much of a "move" in my opinion. After buying the pop-up I assumed my job as Dad and camping set-up guy would get easier. No. When I would take my family camping in the pop-up I think the setting up job was way harder than tent camping. The new Class C, actually makes the set-up job so much easier. I am so happy to be family camping again.

It a 2014 Fleetwood Jamboree Sport 31d. Sleeps 10 officially, sleeps 7 comfortably. All the bels and whistles. I think I got a smoking deal, as the 2015s hit dealer in July and this was the only 2014 left. I really didn't want to pay for new, buy honestly the deal I got was only about $5k more than a few used ones I saw on rvtrader.com.

I need figure out the audio video system. It has 3 TVs, and a DVD player. It's kind of like a house built in 1996. These days kids watch iPads and all the movies are on devices, not disks. So I think an upgrade to the dvd/receiver is needed.

The unit has a dvd/receiver that is hardwired to the 5.1 surround sound. I just need to find the right receiver with HDMIs in and out with a hardwired sub. We prefer to have Airplay and Bluetooth, but we'll see.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

Re: so...I went and did this (2014 Class C Build/Upgrade)

There is a good RV forum, http://www.irv2.com/forums/ , and they have a good tech section with folks that can answer TV and sound system questions.
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Here's hoping for a lot of fun trips for you and the RV'ing Adventure! See you on Woodalls!
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Congrats! I love my class C. I find that it has the easiest set-up and break-down of the RV types while still being very maneuverable. It makes for great all-day outings as well as camping trips.
                  “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                    Congrats! I love my class C. I find that it has the easiest set-up and break-down of the RV types while still being very maneuverable. It makes for great all-day outings as well as camping trips.
                    Totally agree. It will make a nice base camp for momma when the boys and I want to hike up and tent camp for a night or two. We took it out this weekend Thurs-Sun and had a blast. Still lots to do, but didn't seem like the hassle associated with the old pop-up.
                    JohnJohn
                    ---------
                    Forum Admin

Comment

I never did like the idea of a popup. I don't want to have to spend any time loading and unloading gear because I can't store it in the RV. Having a small home, I also didn't want to have to find room to store everything.

With the class C, I keep gear, dry goods, etc. in the RV - I even maintain "camping clothes" in the RV. So, it takes less than 5 minutes to load perishables, camera gear, the bird and the dogs, and I'm off. It actually takes so little time to "pack up and go", that I find myself watching a movie the morning of departure so I don't sit around twiddling my thumbs.

One thing I recommend is to make a rule of "if it isn't used over the course of one full camping year, it gets tossed". With all that room, things have a way of expanding - "we might need this", "what if that breaks", and so on. I just emptied a compartment by removing things I didn't use over the past year. I suspect I'll have another compartment emptied within a couple more months.
                      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Why not use automotive audio? its usually higher quality for cheaper. I have a 5.1 channel surround stereo in my 96 Altima, it has an in dash dvd player, plus head rest monitors. sadly i couldn't transfer that to my van as it only has a single din dash slot, however, the van used to have a 13" tube tv and the cut out for it is perfect for my laptop. I know my experience in that doesn't help you. but the unit in my car might be of good use to you, as it has HDMI outputs for additional screens, and pre outs for front, rear, and subwoofer amps. at the point of up converting to home audio, having a 12v system with 3 amps would not only give higher end audio for the price, but also use less power in the short run.

Comment

Working...
                        X