Fridge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge question

I just bought a fleetwood yuma with three way fridge. My question is how long does it normally take to cool the fridge after plugging in? Also how does the lp work?

Re: Fridge question

I seem to recall hearing it takes about 4-6 hrs to totally cool. Many plug it in overnight before leaving.
    As far as lp is concerned you want the PUP to be as level as possible and ensure the flame is blue as opposed to yellow same as any gas heater/appliance.

HTH!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

This trailer has turned into a lot more than just me "building the trailer" it has became a window for adventure. I am very excited to start my journey. Thanks for reading about my adventure..

_________
      adil

Comment

Originally posted by pinkrosi View Post
        This trailer has turned into a lot more than just me "building the trailer" it has became a window for adventure. I am very excited to start my journey. Thanks for reading about my adventure..

_________
        adil
        Do you have the same trailer (Yuma)?
        A community for camping and outdoors enthusiasts: Camping Babble

Comment

Just keep in mind tunnels require Propane to be turned off while transiting, and so do gas stations. Many get the fridge cooled down before leaving, then turn it off during those critical times. Putting a bag of ice in it can help keep it cool.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Fridges don't use a lot of propane. I haven't refilled mine yet in over 18 months. When I'm camping, I have the water heater and fridge on propane the entire time, and use the stove whenever I desire. I worry more about running out of fresh water than propane.

For running the fridge, I normally have mine turned on electric when at home (plugged into shore power). I always give it overnight to cool down before stalking perishables. If you have a little freezer compartment, place a frozen blue ice pack in it when you turn it on. This will speed up the cooling. Mine is big enough that I can keep an ice pack or two in with my frozen food as a "safeguard".

I usually turn the fridge to the propane setting when I unplug from shore power, but I don't drive with the propane on. I find I can easily go 4 hours of driving without issue (but I usually have the ice pack or two in the freezer). I turn on the propane and light the fridge as soon as I am parked and level at the campsite.
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

toedtoes, what is the size of your propane tank(s)? I'm curious as although propane is a bulky fuel, there is a way to DIY a combination of a right-sized fridge and a storage tank. I love the fiberglas tanks that are very (expensive) cool, and hate the loss of cooler space due to the room needed for the ice. This would be a great project, althought the unknowns of fuel requirements and access to inexpensive refrigerators that aren't heavy could be prohibitive.

That said, in the RV circles I encounter, pretty much everybody admits that nobody turns their propane refrigerators off in tunnels or a gas stations.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

My current set up is a 50lb propane tank, 6.3cu ft fridge, 6 gallon hot water tank.

I would think a 20lb propane tank should be enough for a fridge my size or smaller to run for a month straight at minimum.
                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I keep mine on electric while parked in the side yard. We have never traveled more than 5 hours away from the house. We just leave the fridge in electric mode while traveling and re-plug it in when camping at a site with electric. We don't bother with lighting the propane for traveling. I put frozen water bottles inside before we leave in any empty spaces. (Basically, I use it as a cooler when traveling.) If camping without electric, then we turn on propane mode when there when we light the hot water tank. We use the standard tank from the front of the trailer and always carry a spare.
                  - Laura
                  Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

If you can learn to drink warm beer and eat Bush Beans straight from the can, you will never need a refrigerator or cooler again ever.

Comment

I have been known to drink warm soda and baked beans out of the can. But, I gotta have my fridge for my milk - major milk drinker here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        If you can learn to drink warm beer and eat Bush Beans straight from the can, you will never need a refrigerator or cooler again ever.
                        Good one!

Need it for insulin storage and for keeping the strip steaks ready to put on the grill.
                        - Laura
                        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                          Good one!

Need it for insulin storage and for keeping the strip steaks ready to put on the grill.
                          Insulin??? Screw all that needle poking jazz. Cant you just eat a bunch of Snicker bars and drink Mountain Dew?

Comment

Have you installed your refrigerator by a technician or done on your own?
                            The technician will tell everything what are the does and don't s. Also he will guide you according the brand and features of your fridge. Click here to know more.

Comment

Working...
                            X