It's harder for me to go camping during football season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's harder for me to go camping during football season

It might be because I get to tailgate every couple weeks.

Maybe during the bye week.

GO CARDINALS!
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Re: It's harder for me to go camping during football season

I've been going crazy trying to get out on a trip. My gang of idiots finally decided on the third weekend of October. That's too far away for me so I'm thinking about going out by myself as soon as I get my truck squared away. But, at the rate that's going, my truck might be good by the third weekend of October. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:

Comment

I feel your pain there. I am still working on the truck I bought that I THOUGHT would be an easy fix. :arf: I might have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop which would suck.

I don't know if you ever said, whats wrong with your truck?
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Its too bad you cant service where you go camping. Here if it is worth it, go camping that has a local village, you could go to the local bar. Just for football season, thats what we end up doing, understandably anywhere near a town ruins camping, but its the things we do for our football teams!
        Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

I am lucky that football season comes and goes and I don't even notice - except that the campsites are empty.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
            I don't know if you ever said, whats wrong with your truck?
            Let's see... About 6 months ago, I bit the bullet and had the faded and peeling paint fixed. Finally had a good looking truck again. About that time, the left exhaust manifold started to leak so I went online to get a good price on having it fixed. That's when all the fun started. Seems the shop I decided on had a bunch of planted reviews. They left me with broken bolts, wrong bolts, improperly installed brackets AND the collector tube rubbing against the drive shaft. They also left the truck covered in some kind of crusty film that ruined the $2000 paint job. After 2 months, and threats of a lawsuit, I finally got all that settled around the time the steering started seizing up and the U-joints were banging away when I shifted from forward to reverse. So.... Got through that mess, just to have my brakes go soft on me. Turns out I spend too much time backing my boat into the local lake - the brake lines were rusting out. While it was on the lift and I was inspecting the damage I looked at my tires and decided that they had to be replaced. Thinking all the crap was done, it was two more trips to get the tires balanced properly so the front end wouldn't shake at highway speed.

Aren't you sorry you asked? LOL

I'm waiting for the next bit o' fun now...

Comment

Ok, you win :D
              – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                Ok, you win :D
                If that's a win, I'll take a loss the next time LOL

Comment

Working...
                X