Just bought a Popup Camper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought a Popup Camper.

I don't have my RV at the moment. The battery is hooked up to the original (40 year old) converter and also to a Progressive Dynamics 45 amp charger/converter for the charging. The battery is an Optima Blue Top 31 group. No fancy wiring or anything.

The reason for the separate charger and converter is because the charging part of the original conked out. I had the PD from my old trailer so they just rewired the charging wires and left the rest alone. It was cheaper than fixing the original and the PD has the charge wizard, etc.

Hopefully he comes home next week and I can take a photo then.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
      I don't have my RV at the moment. The battery is hooked up to the original (40 year old) converter and also to a Progressive Dynamics 45 amp charger/converter for the charging. The battery is an Optima Blue Top 31 group. No fancy wiring or anything.

The reason for the separate charger and converter is because the charging part of the original conked out. I had the PD from my old trailer so they just rewired the charging wires and left the rest alone. It was cheaper than fixing the original and the PD has the charge wizard, etc.

Hopefully he comes home next week and I can take a photo then.
      Hehe, I don't have my RV at the moment either... I also have the Optima Blue-Top Group 31, but with a Schumacher maintainer (CHARGER), and a Radio Shack AC converter with the little 12V plug in the center (CONVERTER). Not quite the same level of quality, but actually it does the same thing, LOL.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Yep. Very simple setup, it works great and it's easy to repair if something goes wrong. I also have a 12v socket at the converter (that's what I plug the mp3 and speakers into using a cheap little car inverter.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Good to hear you are exploring the state of GA! So you spend winters in the mountains? What is that like?
          No not yet but may this coming. Last winter I was at a RV park near my home town trying to get out. But due to truck issues I did not get out of there till May. Where I am at now in South Ga does not impress me but more of a Trashy trailer park.

Comment

Working...
          X