Just bought a Popup Camper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought a Popup Camper.

Is it my imagination, or are those pictures not from a popup? I've never seen bunk beds and a galley like that in a popup. I also don't see any canvas walls.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
      Is it my imagination, or are those pictures not from a popup? I've never seen bunk beds and a galley like that in a popup. I also don't see any canvas walls.
      haha No it not inthe POPUP I never got the popup fully set up and saw it was not worth the effort. So I traded it in on a KZ 16BH.

Last edited by Coastie; 09-26-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hey Mac, this version of your avatar is my favorite so far. :great:
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Finally gotten out in my new Camper and loving it.....

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
            Hey Mac, this version of your avatar is my favorite so far. :great:

It looks like the way some people use lights in some Burning Man videos I've seen. Pretty cool looking.

Comment

That looks great, Coastie...Just be quick on the draw to stow that awning when the wind picks up. Check out "Spark: A Burning Man Story, 2013". It's on NetFlix and possibly other pay-per-view outlets. I studied some setups online that were specifically off-the-grid projects for Burning Man camps, a lot of good material is available for 12V.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                That looks great, Coastie...Just be quick on the draw to stow that awning when the wind picks up. Check out "Spark: A Burning Man Story, 2013". It's on NetFlix and possibly other pay-per-view outlets. I studied some setups online that were specifically off-the-grid projects for Burning Man camps, a lot of good material is available for 12V.

I had heard of Burning Man and figured it was hippy insanity and had zero interest in it.

Then,.... I saw a thread in an most unexpected place (a higher end shooting/defensive forum). A guy told a story about his wife showing him a youtube video,....and she was profoundly intrigued. He agreed to go. He thought it was hippy insanity also. They went. It wasn't quite what they thought. They met a number of people that didn't at all fit the preconceived notions of who would be there. They had a BLAST.

I watched the youtube that started it. I watched more. I watched lots more. I want to go. I realized those people were having WAY more fun than I was, and I didn't have nearly enough weirdness in my life.

Anyway, I looked on youtube, theres a couple trailers and clips for the film you mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdabOcTAkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdabOcTAkE
                Last edited by Malamute; 11-05-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

You're right on Malamute - I looked at and around the outpouring of individual freedom and expression, led on by the desire to go "off-grid" with my own expectations of Woodstock-like me-tooism and found that there's a place for everyone at Burning Man. Gotta love it!
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”

Comment

Diamondplate rock screen is nice, as are the storage bins. Only thing missing is the cooler full of Green Flash IPA!!!
                    Last edited by tplife; 11-05-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Do we need to detract from Coastie's happiness by re-starting a 2-month dead derailment?

Coastie - that's a nice little rig you've got there. It's a great feeling to find that rig that works for you - every time I walk inside mine, I start smiling. It's just right.
                      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Thanks, I been loving it. As for the off grid Yes I do have plans for that, just need to get some cash to get it going. Funds are limited

Comment

Off the grid may not be that difficult. It all depends on what you want to power. For me, I don't use that much electrical power while I'm camping. A couple lights at night and water pump as needed are the only "required" items I use off the battery. I do use an mp3 player with powered computer speakers for music on occasion (no more than a couple hours a day usually), and I will charge my cell phone, netbook and kindle when needed.

I installed an AGM battery (group 31) that I run the lights, pump, netbook charge (if needed) and music setup on. After 4 days, I won't even put a dent in the house battery charge. For the cell phone and kindle, I use a small 4-D battery power pack I got with an O2 fan. I've been charging with the same batteries for over a year now.

No microwave, hair dryer, tv, etc. For heat, I use a Mr Buddy Jr (turn it on before bedtime to warm things up, then again in the a.m.). I don't run A/C when I dry camp.

I'm more likely to run out of fresh water before I run out of power.
                          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Well it been a while since I posted. Been in Elberton GA from Nov till May then up to Hiawassie GA May and June. Now in South GA till Aug 1 then back to the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastie View Post
                              Well it been a while since I posted. Been in Elberton GA from Nov till May then up to Hiawassie GA May and June. Now in South GA till Aug 1 then back to the mountains.
                              Good to hear you are exploring the state of GA! So you spend winters in the mountains? What is that like?
                              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

toedtoes, can you post a photo of your Group 31 AGM installation?

Comment

Working...
                                X