No announcement yet.

3-week trip into Co-UT-ID = need suggestions for easy access to fishing sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-week trip into Co-UT-ID = need suggestions for easy access to fishing sites

I am taking my wife on her first extended camping trip. Recently purchased a pop-up camper so will need access to water/elec to keep her happy. The only place I have in mind so far is Stanley Lake ID. I stayed there once and think she will enjoy the scenery around there. Plus, she really wants to fish and I saw people fishing there, but I didn't try it.

We are coming up from Texas - starting about Sept 4th and back by Sept 28.

We are both in our mid-70s now so any kind of strenuous hiking is out - she is not able to cover any kind of difficult terrain.

Our secondary plan is to go where the aspens are to see some fall foliage.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 3-week trip into Co-UT-ID = need suggestions for easy access to fishing sites

We just returned from the Stanley area in Idaho. We got hit with some bad weather and it was on the way home. From what I have heard, fishing in Idaho is great. Our family fished for trout on remote Wallace lake in the Bitter Root mountains near Salmon, Idaho last year and caught a lot. It's stocked with rainbow.

Asking local people is the way to go. The fall colors are going to be awesome in Utah, Idaho, and Colorado. Stick to the back roads and you will have a great time.

Search for trout fishing online to areas that you want to visit. I have not done a lot of fall fishing. However, it should be good because there is not a lot of competition.
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: 3-week trip into Co-UT-ID = need suggestions for easy access to fishing sites

thanks for the info.

How rough is the road in to Wallace Lake? I will be pulling a pop-up camper with 4wd pickup. Any problems if road isn't wet?

thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X