Heavy duty, long hot dog forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty, long hot dog forks

What's the best, long, heave duty hot dog fork? And where's the best place to purchase them? Not too interested in DIY. Thanks

Re: Heavy duty, long hot dog forks

I just have the long double-tined, wooden handle ones from WalMart. I bought four of them about five years ago & still have them.
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Originally posted by SpitzoMT View Post
      I just have the long double-tined, wooden handle ones from WalMart. I bought four of them about five years ago & still have them.
      Ended up getting a couple long ones from Meijer, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SpitzoMT View Post
        Same here. They work well enough.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

I have the same style - got them at the grocery store one year.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=backphammo-20
            probably about the cheapest you'll find them
            Last edited by laschke; 09-15-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laschke View Post
              Found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=backphammo-20
              probably about the cheapest you'll find them
              I don't know what kind of fires you build around your campsite, but with the idiots I run with (not excluding myself, by the way), those would come off awfully short. We seem to have a hard time not throwing more and more wood on our fires every 15 minutes or so. The forks on Amazon are under two feet long, unlike the ones James mentioned from Walmart. Those are around three feet long and, from what I can tell by the picture on Amazon, a lot studier.

Comment

How come I'm still just using sticks? Could this be moremoremore equipment to buy?
                It's gonna be a long winter.
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                  How come I'm still just using sticks? Could this be moremoremore equipment to buy?
                  Because you're a purist?
                  “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                  – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                    I'm at a point now where even the online stores are frustrating. There really is nothing more for me to buy. The shelves in my basement look like a military surplus/REI store. I keep looking because I figure there's got to be something new that I absolutely "need".

Nope. Got it all. Except maybe for a sixth tent or fifth stove...?

Comment

Have a urinal on one of your shelves. Saves you from those cold night excursions to the nearest tree. Just make sure its resting place is stable and undisturbable.

You know MacGyver, you should see someone about your face. It changes every time I come back to these forums.

As far as a hot dog holder, I'm a stick person myself and they can be doubled up as marshmallows holders at the end of this gourmet dining experience.

elliot

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                        I'm at a point now where even the online stores are frustrating. There really is nothing more for me to buy. The shelves in my basement look like a military surplus/REI store. I keep looking because I figure there's got to be something new that I absolutely "need".

Nope. Got it all. Except maybe for a sixth tent or fifth stove...?
                        I was in my storage area last weekend and came to the conclusion that it was time to get rid of some of my camping and Christmas stuff. Otherwise I'll have to start holiday decorating early in order to remove the 4 coolers, 3 bikes, 1 table and grilling bag from my dining room. Truth be known the bikes won't fit downstairs anyway....:out:
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

You could probably just use those marshmallow sticks to cook your hot dogs, that is what we use. Amazon has them for super cheap!
                          Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Originally posted by michelliot View Post
                            Have a urinal on one of your shelves. Saves you from those cold night excursions to the nearest tree. Just make sure its resting place is stable and undisturbable.

You know MacGyver, you should see someone about your face. It changes every time I come back to these forums.

As far as a hot dog holder, I'm a stick person myself and they can be doubled up as marshmallows holders at the end of this gourmet dining experience.

elliot
                            Don't need a urinal as long as Gatorade doesn't change their bottles.

I don't like looking at myself in a mirror, so I wouldn't subject anyone else to it unnecessarily.

Comment

Working...
                            X