Propane trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane trees

Having sold my gas grill, I have two and a half large tanks of propane to use up. I am thinking of getting one of those propane distribution posts and an extension hose or two to use with our lanterns and stove. Anything to look out for when using them?

Re: Propane trees

As far as I can tell, there are really only two options:

1) The style of mount.

One is designed to screw directly to the tank gas outlet with feet to rest on top of a standard 20-lb lp tank. The other has a vise that clamps on the upper shroud of any tank and hose that screws to the gas outlet. If you have a standard 20-lb tank, either should work. If you want to use it with smaller 5-lb or 10-lb tanks, the clamp version is probably a better option. I had to go with the clamp version because I am using it with 5-lb tanks and my tanks have old Weber quick connect fittings.

2) One piece or two?

One has a single tube for the full length. The tube is a decent height for a lantern with the tank on the ground, but might be too high if the tank is elevated on a table, especially under a tarp. The other version has two pieces that screw together. You can use one length or both lengths. With a small tank on a picnic table under a tarp, I just use one length for the lantern. The two piece packs smaller -- I put them in the "cooking duffle" with the stove and lantern. The two piece has one more gas fitting that could leak just like any of the other gas fittings.

These two show the two options:

http://www.amazon.com/Century-Two-Pi...e+lantern+tree

http://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Outl...e+lantern+tree

Otherwise, the trees all seem to be identical, subject to the same issues, and probably made in the same Chinese factory, regardless of the brand. They all look identical.
    Last edited by hwc1954; 08-15-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Propane trees

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X