Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Camping in Pa!

All,
    Looking for a reasonable spot to camp in Southeast Pa ( Or South Jersey, Delaware, Upper part of MD).

Any ideas?
    Would really prefer a driver up camp site as I just purchased a hatchtent.

Re: New to Camping in Pa!

As the only Maryland rep here (that I know of), I feel bad that I can't recommend anything in the areas you're asking about. I'm not a big fan of private campgrounds which means I haven't camped on this side of things in years. It's not quite southeast, but Codorus State Park in Hanover, PA was a nice family campground back in my married years. (Been years! ) Three loops of sites in the woods, one out in the open and several walk-in sites beyond those.

Comment

Pennsylvania has some excellent camping, but you will probably have to head west a little bit.

Of course, you know about the Pennsylvania State Park camping website http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...park/index.htm

That is a place to start.

Believe it or not, YouTube is also a good place to use as a reference. Many people and campgrounds (including state campgrounds) post videos of campgrounds and show individual campsites, so you dont have to show up and be disappointed.

Comment

I actually live in PA myself. If you are referring to family campgrounds or privately owned campgrounds.. I highly recommend Cedar Lake Campground in Dover, PA.. I camp there a lot in the summer. As for nice state parks, I really like Gifford Pinchot State Park. I've stayed at Granite Hill awhile back.. that's kind of a nice campground. My favorite campground down near the Ocean is def. Frontier Town.. it's a western themed campground, they have shootouts, a train ride that gets robbed.. very family and kid oriented.. they even have paddle boats free with your stay.

Comment

Working...
        X