anyone else camp on Masonboro Island, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else camp on Masonboro Island, NC

My brother and I camp out on Masonboro Island near Wrightsville Beach NC every year for at least 2 weeks in July. We have been doing it for at least 35 years. We really haven't seen anyone else doing any camping but figure there must be others. It is a 7 mile long barrier island with only boat access. It is a great place to be and we really enjoy it.

Re: anyone else camp on Masonboro Island, NC

If there weren't, there will be now.

Comment

Originally posted by deester View Post
      My brother and I camp out on Masonboro Island near Wrightsville Beach NC every year for at least 2 weeks in July. We have been doing it for at least 35 years. We really haven't seen anyone else doing any camping but figure there must be others. It is a 7 mile long barrier island with only boat access. It is a great place to be and we really enjoy it.
      Sounds awesome.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by howl View Post
        If there weren't, there will be now.
        I grew up in Wilmington and only made it out to Masonboro once, for a day trip for fishing and shell collecting. It's very popular with the locals with boats/canoes/kayaks, but I would guess it's too much work to camp for the majority of the tourists. You can't get there without a boat and there are no facilities on the island. That said, I'd love to have two weeks a year to spend on it.

Comment

Working...
        X