Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is everyone?

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    I have never travelled by train. Maybe one day.
    Back in the dinosaur years of the late '70's I planned a trip to SF from NYC and back via train. Spent a lot of time reading about all the different trains that ran long distance routes back then: the Super Chief, Southern Crescent, 20th Century Limited, the Zephyr.....gosh the names and the places they invoked made me heady! Watching movies like "North by Northwest" and "The Thin Man" dinna help either. Unfortunately, the friend I was planning to visit (met her on a train traveling between Paris and Barcelona, LOL) decided to elope and the trip was cancelled. Somehow in the next 30 plus years I've never found a good enough reason to go past the Ohio River and most of those trains have become shadows of their former glory:(. I've transferred the dream to RV traveling though.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We're recovering from two weeks in Antigua. You think you've found Heaven, then you get disappointed in a different island, and after another couple of years...you explore anew, and really believe you're there, in the land of milk 'n honey, red snapper, figs (bananas), conch and mangoes on your table...West Indies breezes to you and St. Lucia kisses!
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I've always wanted to take a long distance train trip. I remember as a kid seeing the Southern Crescent come through Atlanta on it's way from NYC to New Orleans, or vice versa. I've never ridden a train here in the US. Been all over Europe on trains, but never here. Maybe when I retire, I'll take a long distance, leisurely trip.

Comment

Getting ready to get out again and give "the Princess" her birthday present: a coupla nights in an RV over Labor Day weekend.
          "Me and Julio" (AKA the man) will sleep in the tent because the RV is a bunkhouse model and will be filled w/ screaming meme lil grrlies. Since my granddaughter's mother insists on coming on this trip she gets to sleep in the RV.
          Yes. I'm wicked, diabolical and pray for the day the divorce is finalized. Heck, I might even go on another camping trip in celebration..........
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            Getting ready to get out again and give "the Princess" her birthday present: a coupla nights in an RV over Labor Day weekend.
            "Me and Julio" (AKA the man) will sleep in the tent because the RV is a bunkhouse model and will be filled w/ screaming meme lil grrlies. Since my granddaughter's mother insists on coming on this trip she gets to sleep in the RV.

Yes. I'm wicked, diabolical and pray for the day the divorce is finalized. Heck, I might even go on another camping trip in celebration..........

fixed that for you
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
            X