are the moderators moderating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the moderators moderating?

I have been part of the forum for like 4 days. I have tried to send a new post and it's been held for moderation for this long. Is this working? Probably this would also be held for moderation, but I wanted to try

Re: are the moderators moderating?

Be patient and keep posting. The more you post, the quicker your moderation period will be over. And then you will be on real time.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Hang in there! It's a good chance he's gone camping. Patience is the key.

Comment

Your posts are not moderated after you have posted 6 times. It looks like you are on number three. Just say thanks on this thread, and post in a couple more and you will be unsupervised. Please hang in there!
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thanks guys. It finally appeared. I read while signing that it was almost instant, so I was a little bit lost on why it was taking so much time. Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Thanks guys. It seems to me this is a very active and nice forum, and I would keep posting. It is a really a bummer it takes so much time for posts to appear. Shouldn't this have a second or even third admin? Thanks again.

Comment

I'm a little frustrated by this myself. I registered, made the intro post, and then made a post in another part of the forum. I then waited. And waited. And waited. Finally WEEKS later my posts were approved. Granted its only two posts.

I then read this and figured that I'd make the four other posts needed to start posting without admin approval. Here I am waiting AGAIN for my posts to be approved. I also cannot defend myself in another thread that is being a little unwelcoming towards a new comer.

I didn't post and never come back, I've been checking on this forum waiting on my posts to show up. I want to be a active member but I joined on 8-8 and I'm still not an active member.

I have no idea what else to do.

Again, I am complaining but I'm frustrated at the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesangel View Post
                  I'm a little frustrated by this myself. I registered, made the intro post, and then made a post in another part of the forum. I then waited. And waited. And waited. Finally WEEKS later my posts were approved. Granted its only two posts.

I then read this and figured that I'd make the four other posts needed to start posting without admin approval. Here I am waiting AGAIN for my posts to be approved. I also cannot defend myself in another thread that is being a little unwelcoming towards a new comer.

I didn't post and never come back, I've been checking on this forum waiting on my posts to show up. I want to be a active member but I joined on 8-8 and I'm still not an active member.

Be the first to gripe about a spammer linking his Amazon reseller account to your thread or be the first to gripe about your first few posts getting moderated slowly. Here we choose the later.

As the "New to CampingForums" message says, in bold. "Please be Patient." http://www.campingforums.com/forum/a...ement.php?f=23
                  JohnJohn
                  ---------
                  Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by dukesangel View Post

Well I am glad you stuck it out. Welcome (finally) to the forum. It gets better I swear
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by kwanbis View Post
                      Thanks guys. It seems to me this is a very active and nice forum, and I would keep posting. It is a really a bummer it takes so much time for posts to appear. Shouldn't this have a second or even third admin? Thanks again.
                      What a good idea.
                      – E. B. White

Comment

I think my first post was made on August 9th, and I haven't seen it appear yet. I understand that the forum is free so I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogdiver View Post
                          I think my first post was made on August 9th, and I haven't seen it appear yet. I understand that the forum is free so I'll keep looking.
                          When you wrote the message above you had 2 posts. I just approved this one and 2 others. Takes more than 2.
                          JohnJohn
                          ---------
                          Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
                          X