Is camping alone ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is camping alone ok?

I get that. I personally don't feel safer with one, but some folks do. My comment was more about the idea that camping alone was somehow more dangerous - it's no more dangerous than doing anything else alone. Have your wits about you, use common sense, be prepared, and you'll be fine.

There are times when I feel less safe because of the people I'm with than I would alone - no common sense, aggressive, etc.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Re: Is camping alone ok?

Does my dog count? I am perfectly good alone but still wish I had a gun just in case. I figure I am less likely to run into someone looking to do me harm in the forest than in town.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
      X