Where do I sign up for one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I sign up for one of these?

This has to be the coolest thing I have seen. I am sure they are pretty expensive, but wouldn't mind getting one of these one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvfDTaUVAo

Re: Where do I sign up for one of these?

I've seen that vid before and it sure would be sweet for someone who did a lot of drycamping in "the bush".
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Likely you'd need to sell your home and your first-born to afford it...... :-)
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yeah, that is what I was thinking, too, Bigdog. This would probably have to go on my "Don't Get Your Hopes Up Wish List". I just did some research, and it looks like the basic models start out at about $60,000.

Comment

I'm not a pop up trailer person, but I'd take one of those any day! I love the dinnerware drawer and am currently trying to figure out how to work a similar setup in my clipper.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I have no desire to to take anything bigger than my pickup truck. My brother will often take his flat bottomed trailer (towed with HIS pickup) on camping trips. I cannot get passed the fact that if you are taking more than will fit into a truck bed you are taking too much. Couple that with the lack of desire to tow anything into the woods and its all a no go for me......but.....this one is so well designed that I might not mind towing it with our Durango. That would allow us to bring more people with us (friends and family) without having to bring another vehicle.

So I guess I can add that to my "when I win the lottery" wish list.
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Some folks here talk about these units being out-of reach expensive, but I am sure they are more affordable than some of the fifth wheel "campers" we have here in the USA. Still, there are plenty of people who buy those big camper busses.

I am willling to bet there would be an audience for these types of Glam GI Joe pop-ups too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                Likely you'd need to sell your home and your first-born to afford it...... :-)
                Depending on how my first born is acting.....that could be arranged and on the right day his wife would prolly throw an extra 5 bucks into the pot.............oops.
                Last edited by NYCgrrl; 09-06-2014, 01:37 PM.
                2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                X