Member Location Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Location Map

On a lot of other forums, I have seen where the administrator has created a member map where members of the forum can manually go and add their location so that members can see who they are close to. This would be cool as I see so many other members who also live in Missouri and think it would be cool to see just how close they really are. Is this something we could do, as well?

I understand everyone wouldn't want their location known, which is why, I believe, everyone has to manually go in and add their location if they want to be added.

Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Re: Member Location Map

I second this. It would make it easier to see who is nearby. Addresses wouldn't be needed but I don't see why city and state would be a problem. A lot of us do it anyway.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Yeah, I think city and state are the only things all the other location maps I have seen ask for. I don't know if I would want to put my exact address on a map either.

It would be cool though to see how many people live close. Plus, maybe in the future those who live close could go on a big group camping weekend.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maryland Map Me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	69899

Comment

I have always wanted to visit Maryland, MacGyver. I have heard it is beautiful up there.

Comment

I'll say "I'll look into this", forget, then really look into it, then get back to you.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

Thanks JohnJohn!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
                I'll say "I'll look into this", forget, then really look into it, then get back to you.
                :lol:
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                X