Camping in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping in Missouri

I recently found an awesome book at the local Half Price Books! It is called "The Best In Tent Camping: Missouri" by Steve Henry. In it, it lists 50 different places to camp in Missouri. Most of the places appear to be state parks and recreation areas, but the great thing about the book is that the author rates each spot on 5 different traits: Beauty, Privacy, Spaciousness, Quiet, Security, and Cleanliness. The author also suggests which campsites in the park have the most privacy, as well as any which may have any negative factors. The book is really great and might come in handy for anyone who is looking for places to camp in Missouri.

For me, I am looking for places to camp away from everybody else, so I went through the book and marked all the places that got 4 or 5 stars for privacy and will hopefully be hitting up each of those places within the next year. Hope this helps somebody else out!

Re: Camping in Missouri

Wow, what a great find. Have fun exploring the sites.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
    X