And we're off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And we're off!

Heading out to the Kitsap peninsula, camping for the weekend.
    Plan to take a lot of photos. Full report when we get back!

Re: And we're off!

Have a wonderful time and drive safe!
    Looking forward to your after report.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Have a great time!
      Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

We're back with the trip report:

Over on the Kitsap peninsula which is a 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle lies a sleepy town where my wife's family own's a small cabin near the water. After an hour wait at the Ferry terminal and a 20 minute drive thereafter we made it to the cabin. There was a total of 8 adults, not enough room for everyone in the cabin, hence we brought our small tent to 'camp'. Since the property lies on a slope, the only level place we could find to put up the tent was on the decently sized deck just off the cabin.

Attractions included a dock where my son caught his very first fish

And playing around in Grampa's boat during low tide

And of course there was crab, nothing better than fresh Puget Sound Dungeness crab

The season lasts until Labor day so hopefully we can get out crabbing again.
        PS - According to my two year old son, the tent is not where you sleep but where you jump around on mom and dad and pretend you are a WWE wrestler. (night #2 he slept with the grandparents in the cabin just fine). Hopefully he gets used to the tent and learns how to settle down but at the moment the tent is just 'pure excitement'. It was close to 11pm before he finally stopped crawling around, at that point we had been in the tent for nearly 3 hours. He woke us up repeatedly throughout the night. I hope this phase doesn't last long. Next camping trip is only a few weeks away and there will be no cabin to fall back on.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Might be a good idea to set the tent up in the living room or backyard to let the little guy get used to being in it.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
          X