Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early august camping trip

Hello,

My wife and I are fairly new to camping, we have been camping twice to Mt Lemmon, but we are now looking for a place to go camping that is nice, hopefully not to hot in early august, and where we can Kayak. We would not mind a little rough waters but nothing to insane since this will be our first time, we will also be using a two person kayak. We would like to of course camp in the area, if the water was nice enough to kayak back that would be great, or if we could possibly use a shuttle maybe?

Anyways, anything would be great and if we could make reservations that would be even better.

Thanks!

-Eric

Re: Early august camping trip

Arizona?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Yes sorry arizona

Comment

I'm about as far away from AZ as you can get, but my Mom, Aunt and Sis live there. My Mom and Aunt just went to Roper Lake State Park Hot Springs (only for the day, did not camp), but they said it was a very nice place, their site says they have a campground:

http://azstateparks.com/parks/rola/index.html

Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

I have never heard of Roper Lake, but I don't drive south that much. I am hoping to change that in the next year or two. I have a sister that lives down in Tuscon. I would love for her family to come on camping trips with us as I don't see them doing it on their own. They went with us (minus her husband that had to work) last year and had a lot of fun.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

I realize this is an older thread. But in case anyone reading this were to consider Roper Lake near Safford, AZ in August.....please remember that you can expect weather in the mid to upper 90s during the day. Not exactly "Chamber of Commerce" weather in this region of the nation in August.

Roper Lake is best enjoyed in non-summer. There are lots of other great choices to avoid the heat while in Arizona in the summer. White Mountains (on the east side of the state, or north up by Flagstaff.
            Nights camping in 2014: 18
            Nights camping in 2015: 24
            Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

Oak creek might work and the Mormon lake area is a very nice. Not too far up the road. Usually cool to even cold in the winter. Great place to ski at snow bowl - YES I said snow skiing! :-)

Comment

Working...
              X